Has Radu Brinzan's RB productions closed its doors for good?

Captain Boogaloo

No Kaga,  indeed it does not.  But perhaps it should, for the name of a company can infer many things ( product excellence, good customer communication and service, etc).  Still hope RB productions will reappear. Perhaps Radu might be persuaded to relaunch it?

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

I have ordered from Radu several times in the past, and have always been VERY pleased with the service and AMAZED by the quality of his products. Having said that, I placed an order with the new RB Productions on June 28th, and they took my 90.00 USD. I didn't hear a word until Sept. 17th When Aaron sent the following email:

"Sorry for the very long wait for your order, We have been shutdown due to
Covid restrictions.
your items were dispatched today ,and should be with you soon.

Thanks and regards
Aaron"

As of October 27th, still nothing. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but they are starting to cramp up :rolleyes:.  It's all good though, even if I don't get the order, 90 bucks is a lot less than my ex took me for! :D

Model on!

Rockie

I am not “shrugging my shoulders”. I simply no longer have anything to do with the running of the company. I “handed my notice” in early-February, before COVID became a headline, and I ended my involvement with the company in early-March when the Irish government asked all non-essential businesses to close. I am not drawing a salary from the company and I have not seen the office since February. Aaron is completely in charge of the company. All I can do is “advise” him, but then it is entirely up to him to do the rest. Aaron has been involved in this for many years. I am not a spokesperson for him or the shop. 

As for the use of my name on the products that I designed, there are plenty of examples of brands that continue to carry the name of their creator long after the creator ended their involvement. RB Productions products bear my name because I created them, irrespective of who sells them and in what manner. I no longer have anything to do with the retail of these products. 

I moved on to the next chapter in my life. All I want to do is create new products and designs,. I am doing that now and I am able to dedicate a lot more of my time to it. 

Radu

1 minute ago, LSP_Mike said:

Perhaps advise Aaron to respond. It seems that there are concerned parties.

I did not sever my ties with Aaron and I am in contact with him. He told me that he is addressing these issues. 

All the answers to these queries can only be given by him. 

Radu 

I'm locking down this thread. Radu has been unambiguously clear that the company only retains his name as reflective of the creative design. He has no other association with the company.

Anything that needed to be said has been said. There certainly seem to be some supply and communication issues and hopefully in time they are resolved.  LSP isn't the place for those issues to be resolved or frustration over them to be vented.

If people plan on ordering from this vendor then I suggest they make contact first and confirm expectations of service or they try elsewhere. It's a shame to see this happen. I have many of the RB products purchased over the years and they are well worth it.

If anyone has payment problems with this vendor then they need to take it up with the responsible party or contact the third party through which they made payment and request a refund.

I always recommend a polite personal phone call as being highly effective in setting expectations and resolving ongoing issues/tensions.

Thanks Matt

• LSP_Matt locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Just seen this on facebook, even though I'm not a member;

Covid 19 announcement.
Ireland is currently in level 5 lockdown until December. Our main website is temporarily down and all backorders will be processed during this interval. Thank you for your continued patience and support.