Has Radu Brinzan's RB productions closed its doors for good?

Captain Boogaloo

30 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

hi Radu,

I don't have a dog in this fight at the moment, but anyone who sees or hears of this will likely give the website a wide berth, so it may help to clarify whether RB Productions is now a completely separate entity - in which case you an quite legitimately say "not my problem" - or whether it's still yours but someone else runs it for you?

Servers being down doesn't really explain why orders haven't shipped and messages haven't been responded to, so the quicker you either 'cut the umbilical' or give the guy a gentle word / kick up the backside :coolio: the better?

Nick

Hi Nick,

I am completely separate from RB Productions. I am no longer involved with the production/sales, I hold no position in the company and I am not drawing a salary from the company. I am concentrating entirely on design work, as a separate entity. Aaron is in completely in charge of RB Productions.

To use your words, "the umbilical has been cut". 

Radu

21 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Does this mean no more new products from you via RB? 

RB Productions can commission me (like any other customer) to design new products. Right now I am concentrating on doing CAD work for plastic models. Since I separated from RB Productions I also created artwork for photo-etched parts or decals for other producers. I am still creating, maybe more than before, the difference being that I am not directly involved in retailing the products based on my artwork. 

Radu 

Good to see Radu is still around; unfortunately the website is still awol. Time to unleash PayPal, methinks. What a downer.First IWM/Duxford are stupid/greedy enough to lose Flying Legends, now RB productions appears to have become another Chinese covid casualty. Is there any GOOD news out there? Ho hum.

Captain Boogaloo

Thanks Paul; unfortunately Sprue bros don't have the 1\32 bf 109G brass etch canopy frame ( the most wanted on my list), although they do have the 'F' version.  Hmmmm might have to settle for that.

Maru5137..... " load tubes one thro four, match bearings and shoot!!!! "  never mind, the water's warm....and those fins coming towards you are just dolphins. Big, big grey and white dolphins. With lots of sharp pointy teeth. Best check your liferaft is stocked up, You funny man!! ;)

On a more serious note (parp!) RB productions website is still down; surely a technical computer glitch with the website would be sorted by now? Or can these things take days/weeks to repair?

I know.... "don't call me Shirley" etc. I can't tell. You can tell me, I'm a Doctor . There's no waiting in the red zone. The white zone is for unloading only.it's alright Stewardess, I speak jive. We're bombing the storage depot at Drambuie, coming out of the sun from the north, below their radar. Oh,will I see you this weekend? I can't tell you; it's classified. I asked the guy next to me to pinch me in case I was dreaming. What's your vector,Victor? Still waiting for clearance, Clarence.Johnny, what can you make of this weather report? I can make a broach or a pterydactal! I need every light you can get poured onto this field right now:)

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

Ok. Erm, sorry Chaps. I will admit to a slight hangover; note to self - the covid blues, several (!) rather large rum, lime and cokes, the clocks changing and a session watching 'Airplane' ( twice!) will create the ' perfect storm' for posting on the forum. Could've been worse I 'spose; at least I didn't post any "embarrassing" photos .....normal ( or what passes for it) service is resumed. 

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

Bit disappointed to be honest, i placed an order back in May, and am unable to claim my money back through paypal, as i'm guessing i used a debit card. 

Would have expected better service from a company that is so well known on here, and one i thought i could trust. 

I'll get flamed for this, but frankly i don't care - Just seems a bit off that Radu is basically shrugging his shoulders and saying its nothing to do with him. When as far as i knew, when i placed the order, it was. 

Well I certainly won't be 'flaming' you ( rather a strange expression!), and would defend your right to call out a company that takes your money then does a vanishing act ( although I would temper that statement by saying I pray this is not because the staff are afflicted by Covid). 

it does not seem unreasonable to expect a company trading with someone's ( well known) initials in its name( which made much of the initial association) to continue to be identified with that person. Perhaps the business change was known to industry insiders, but it certainly came as a shock to me. I still hope that rb productions is resurrected - and you get the things you've paid for.  I will definitely only be buying models and parts etc via PayPal for the time being. Best of luck, Nick.

Blue Skies

Captain Boogaloo