Has Radu Brinzan's RB productions closed its doors for good?

Captain Boogaloo

With two (quite expensive!) Orders outstanding for some months now (and rather putting a crimp in my Group Build for the Battle of Britain!}  I have sent several messages asking for an update, none of which have been answered. Now it seems the website is down; is Radu's company another victim of the Chinese blessing of covid 19? Gawd, I hope not. 

does anyone have any more information?

Many thanks

Captain Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Have you contacted Radu himself? 

but didn't he say on here only the other day that he has nothing to do with it anymore, although he knows the guy running it?

now whether that is no legal connection whatsoever, or just someone else 'runs it' for him, I don't think he specified...

49 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

but didn't he say on here only the other day that he has nothing to do with it anymore, although he knows the guy running it?

now whether that is no legal connection whatsoever, or just someone else 'runs it' for him, I don't think he specified...

I believe Radu stated as such IIRC. It might be worth PMing him here if you cant find any other resources. 

Many thanks for your speedy help, Kagemusha, but unfortunately after typing a message, I hit send to be told radub is unable to receive messages. So not really any the wiser ( although it ain't looking good!!). Thankfully I paid via PayPal, so ( I hope!) the money should be recoverable, but I do hope the shop stays open; their stuff is very high quality kit.

Cheers

Captain Boogaloo

Hi everyone! I am still here. Yes, it seems that my LSP inbox is full, I will empty it right now and then you can PM me. 

As I said in another thread here, I don’t have anything to do with RB Productions  anymore. I am concentrating entirely on design now. Aaron is in charge of everything to do with RB Productions. 

I had a look at the website and it is indeed down. It appears to be a server issue, I opened a query with the service provider and hopefully it will be sorted out soon. 

Radu

hi Radu,

I don't have a dog in this fight at the moment, but anyone who sees or hears of this will likely give the website a wide berth, so it may help to clarify whether RB Productions is now a completely separate entity - in which case you an quite legitimately say "not my problem" - or whether it's still yours but someone else runs it for you?

Servers being down doesn't really explain why orders haven't shipped and messages haven't been responded to, so the quicker you either 'cut the umbilical' or give the guy a gentle word / kick up the backside :coolio: the better?

Nick