Introduction to ALEXEN Models. Weathering stencils.

Troy Molitor

I recently added another line to my little E-commerce site called ALEXEN MODELS.  I did some research and found what I was interested in and ordered them directly from the source, (ALEXEN MODEL). In the process I have two new friends.  A husband and wife team which are great to deal with.  

Below are the ten stencils I carry along with a picture of CAMO putty which I only have a couple more can left.  The last set of images are from a great friend of mine (Brother D) here on LSP who did an awesome job using the ALEXEN stencils on his Tiger 1.  Gu9rMaU.jpg

qKDlfgg.jpgYDxOGtd.jpgWCTd6Pg.jpg?1

uM5l0MS.jpg

V239BYG.jpg

waIXWWl.jpgBTmKOIP.jpg

The price per stencil is $10.00 USD per set however the multiple purchase on stencils drops to $9.00 after 3-4.  Free shipping in the USA.  The size of the stencil is 80X80mm usually.  The putty price is more for obvious reasons.  Please check out my site.  I sincerely appreciate the LSP awesome support as always.  

T-Rexx Tools: FACEBOOK trexxtools@gmail.com: E Commerce, Ebay

Troy 

These stainless stencils from Alexen are the greatest thing to hit modeling since the airbrush. Seriously. I've been looking for something along these lines for decades, and jumped on them as soon as Troy found them. With all the different patterns and styles, they are (IMHO) a direct replacement for the 'salt method' and many other tedious weathering and/or texturing techniques.

Weathering & texturing doesn't get any easier or quicker than simply spraying through these stencils. 

Live link to T-Rexx Tools on eBay:  https://www.ebay.com/sch/t-rexxtools/m.html

D

• 2 weeks later...

Since a using a tank for demonstrations isn't what LSP is all about, here are a few examples of what can be done with these stencils from T-Rexx Tools...

These are the 'splash' stencils on the Alexen FG-AJ0115 set shown above. The sheet is designed to be nipped apart (stainless steel PE) into individual splashes:

AzqWlKw.jpg

One sample method of using them on an LSP (Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190A-5 that I built last year). Tape the stencil in place:

FkokJWl.jpg

Then shoot whatever muddy color you're happy with (I like RAF Dark Earth cut with flat clear and extra thinner) through the stencil and BINGO, you have this:

Qndfswr.jpg

Another example showing the addition of mud splatters to the underside of the wing where it would normally get thrown up by the wheels. Set the template in place (in this case Alexen FG-AJ0056) and spray through it where you want the splatters to be (NOT through the entire template, obviously):

WR2lg2K.jpg

Pull the template off, and there you have it - perfect mud splatter (nearly impossible to do without stencils such as these):

jzE7X7h.jpg

I love these things! So much so, that I've been going back over a few completed models and adding these kinds of details that weren't possible for me before. Just awesome.

D

Edited by D Bellis
I really wish we still had the spell-check feature...