Missile guts

Finn

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't, by subtracting where it is, from where it isn't, or where it isn't, from where it is, whichever is greater, it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance sub-system uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is, to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position where it was, is now the position that it isn't. In the event of the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has required a variation. The variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too, may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was. The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows: Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is, however it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be, from where it wasn't, or vice versa. By differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was. It is able to obtain a deviation, and a variation, which is called "air"

On 10/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, thierry laurent said:

When you are seeing that it is always difficult to believe such microwelds were able to sustain so many G forces... 

Or not. Read the Ault Report available at history.navy.mil. They tended to fail alot because they were never downloaded once put on an a/c. Hence the high failure rates in Vietnam (something like 20% successful IIRC). Only after the study did they start downloading them to check for such failures. The Ault Report is also what led to the founding of TOP GUN. Fascinating reading if you're so inclined 

On 10/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, wunwinglow said:

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't, by subtracting where it is, from where it isn't, or where it isn't, from where it is, whichever is greater, it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance sub-system uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is, to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position where it was, is now the position that it isn't. In the event of the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has required a variation. The variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too, may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was. The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows: Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is, however it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be, from where it wasn't, or vice versa. By differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was. It is able to obtain a deviation, and a variation, which is called "air"

My head hurts!:huh:

Cheers:beer:

Itch

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Sounds like some sort of digital Sherlock Holmes reasoning. I get it though, If I can verify all of the places I'm not, whatever location remains, must be where I am.

THAT makes sense, but then again........WHERE AM I????......:frantic:

'Where I Was Not - And Back. A Homing Odyssey and Memoir of the Sparrow-Cogent Wars' is published by DARPA-Collings and distributed by Yule Seas next month and will be available from all good (and some frankly questionable) bookshops.