HobbyBoss 1/18 Huey

elric

the latest offering from HB is the UH-1 Huey B or is it, correct me if i'm wrong, the UH-1 was a later version with the LII engine which enabled it to stretch the body to have 12 passengers,

this also had a much larger door to it having 2 windows, 2 exhaust pipes out of the engine cover this was designated 205 series.

The picture on the box & model inside the box seem to be the HU-1B Huey Designation 204 series

So if your Hoping for a nice Stretched bodied Huey your out of luck

please correct me if i have it wrong or do HOBBYBOSS 

Hi Craig

don't get your hopes up its the old 20th century model released by HobbyBoss not greatly detailed but impressive in size, should be in the shops Hannant uk have them

if you use the search box top right there is more info.

Bob

I have 500+ hours in the UH-1’s and loved every minute in them.   I went through flight school without a trainer provided by the ARMY and the UH-1 was it.  Pulled pitch day one in flight school in the Huey.   What a bird!  

I have have a soft spot for the UH-1’s, OH-58’s and AH-1S.  I wish I had the opportunity to fly the OH-6 and plus, plus.  But the Army National Guard of Wiscony and Missouri had other plans.  

Love the Huey!   

All the early model UH-1 models were universally known as "Hueys" (which was derived from "Helicopter Utility" apparently). The A, B and C models were the smallest versions, had one window in the sliding cargo-door and a single engine. They could take a few troops in the back, but were not really designed for troop-carrying. These models were used as gunships in SE Asia. 

The "D" and "H" Model Hueys were the Vietnam troop-carrier (two windows in the cargo-door and one engine, again). The aircraft was upgraded in the 1980's IIRC, with two engines for Marines use (they now use a new name for the airframe). 

The above information is as accurate as I can remember it - I'm sorry if any of its not accurate (perhaps other folks can correct facts and fill in any major blanks).  

I will be eyeballing the Hobbyboss kit very closely once it comes out and if the price isn't outrageous, will probably buy it. Looking forward to it. 

Chris.