PzKpfw 38(t) Austf E/F 1/16 Scale

Rick Griewski

This kit does have individual link tracks.  Some people have drilled them out for metal pins, but I found it almost maddening to do that correctly.  I replaced the stock plastic tracks with metal Spade Ace ones instead.  Here is a link to an RC conversion of this kit, which will probably answer any questions you might have.  https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28436

3 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

If you have the 1/16 armour bug try these for aftermarket stuff,

https://www.afvmodeller.com/product-category/accessories/resin-parts/

Bob

holy details Batman!  Nice parts But out of my league.  I am working very hard to stay OO Box with these builds.  Interiors do not interest me.  My aircraft models have the aftermarket stuffed.  

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

holy details Batman!  Nice parts But out of my league.  I am working very hard to stay OO Box with these builds.  Interiors do not interest me.  My aircraft models have the aftermarket stuffed. 

Same here. I won't spend a dime on invisible interior stuff, and for the most part, these kits don't really need much help externally.

16 hours ago, sassgrunt said:

This kit does have individual link tracks.  Some people have drilled them out for metal pins, but I found it almost maddening to do that correctly.  I replaced the stock plastic tracks with metal Spade Ace ones instead.

The tracks included in the Panzer I have plastic pins that are a bit fragile and prone to fly away.  They worked consistently after I figured out to align the track links with a small diameter drill shank.  There are 6 spare pins I messed up 8.