1/18 modern pilot figure

Pete Fleischmann

Hello all-

I asked Norbert from Reedoak if the was possible to scale up one of his outstanding pilot figures to use in the Hobby Boss 1/18 scale AV-8B Harrier.

He was able to adjust the design and get it uploaded to Shapeways. Thanks Norbert for all the work it took to do this.

Please- if it’s too expensive for your taste, kindly leave that comment to yourself. Norbert has no control over what Shapeways charges. This is a very special product that will appeal to a few of us. For those of you interested, here it is

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JZUNG24AC/1-18-us-navy-pilot-sitting-3?optionId=180286975&li=marketplace

cheers

Pete

Norbert has plenty of other subjects that would be good candidates for this scale too!

There's no doubt that a good quality figure really brings a model to life and this one would certainly do that.

The price is irrelevant if it's what you really want. Just ask multi millionaire art collectors about their passion, same for rare cars etc. etc.

Yes it's a lot of bucks, but so are top of the range golf clubs!!

I'm seriously tempted, must save more pennies though.  

3 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

As much as I'd like to buy one, that price is just plain crazy (pun intended). I would pay maybe £20 - £30 for a 1/18th pilot figure and that's pushing it, to be honest. 

Chris.  

this is the type of comment I politely asked that we avoid.

oh well.

P