1/32 Mirage 2000N KH

discus

Hello

Here is my KH Mirage 2000N.

Although this version of the 2000 is the "Nuke" one, it was also used for conventional bombing. The quad GBU is the latest loadout validated before the A/C was phased out from the forces. It was used in conjunction with a 2000D or a Rafale equipped with the targeting pod (which cannot be fitted on the N

Having built the 2000C previously, no big surprises: KH was constant in the errors and poor choices. Typically there is a mad man at KH who decided that the front canopy should be only shown closed... I spent god knows how much time to DIY a way to keep it open...

Painted with Xtracolor enamels (handbrush as usual). I used decals from Berna.

The GBU-12 as from Eduard and are very nice. I used the 3D printed helmets and laders from reedoak. They are magnificient.

Welding lines on the fuel tank are made with 0.2 mm fishing line.

IMG-2772.jpg

IMG-2773.jpg

IMG-2775.jpg

IMG-2776.jpg

Edit: A note for those who plan to build a 2000D: there are two air scoops that are installed on the belly on each side of the center line pylon. Unfortunately KH did not put them in this box. They are, however, available in the single seater box as they are also installed on the -5.

Edited by discus

4 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

Absolutely great. I have a 'C' and a 'D/N' to build. Your work is inspirational!! Anything else to be wary of?

Cheers

Simon 

My advice is to not follow KH instructions. (Obviously you have to at some point but they have to be taken very carefully: they are not accurate and there are a lot of mistakes

(some are common to both kits (C and D/N) since they have the same basis, others are specific).

Especially, there are several cases where left and right parts are inverted; so dry fit before final assembly is a must.

Also, KH provides a lot of options for many versions of the M2000 but there is absolutely no info about which part fits on which model.

So you need to do some research by yourself on the internet. That's not so complicated, there are a lot of pictures and walkaround available.

Last but not least, use an aftermarket decal sheet. KH decals sheets are cr*p (stencils, shapes,  colors, markings, everything is wrong)

Edited by discus

I wish I had the guts to start on mine, but the various problems described scare me off - on the other hand I'm certain that mine wouldn't turn out half as nice as yours. Compliments on a fantastic build of one of my all time favourite aircraft :goodjob:

Thanks guys

10 hours ago, Lothar said:

I wish I had the guts to start on mine, but the various problems described scare me off - on the other hand I'm certain that mine wouldn't turn out half as nice as yours. Compliments on a fantastic build of one of my all time favourite aircraft :goodjob:

You should not be afraid. In the end if is a very nice kit and I really enjoyed building it (actually that's my second as I built the single seater first).

There are no fitting or assembly issues. The few corrections are mostly closing access panels and doors that are not supposed to stay open.

It does not require any extra skills, just an extra bit of patience.

There are far worse kits than this one. (Trumpeter F4U-4 Corsair for example)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:02 PM, discus said:

Hello

Here is my KH Mirage 2000N.

Painted with Xtracolor enamels (handbrush as usual).

Hand painted? Say that again, please. I couldn't even think about painting by hand. It would be a total mess.

Magnificient work, by any standards.

Cheers

Rainer