Westland Lysander 1/32 Matchbox with Eduard and Master

artoor_k

Hello,

It's time for another oldie :) I've searched for Lysander for few months because it's not available in shops, only from second hand. I bought it from friend two weeks ago and it landed on the bench ASAP. There is something cool in this dragonfly-like airplane :)

I bought it in original box :)

zIKpEXn.jpg

I had to modify seat and rudder pedals

tqJ4kFU.jpg

Map box wasn't there so it was needed to scratchbuild it

DotTG4S.jpg

Observer's electric panel was a fantasy so this is new one, based on 4+ Lysander book

TNa4KxH.jpg

Rear side of instrument paner was plain so some profiles and wires were used to make this area busy

NujcNFR.jpg

There was no rear ballast and no starting handle so they were build from profiles and clip wire.

uEGvex2.jpg

Instrument panel was quite detailed. AMMO paints were used to finish it. Then Kristal Klear for all glasses. On this photo K.K. is milky white - it was not dry. After drying it's super clear.

OLajNpR.jpg

Cockpit is almost ready. I'm waiting for Eduard seatbelts. Gunsight still needs to be built.

RMTh7q8.jpg

Here is observer seat, one from kit was unusable.

IAGNhti.jpg

When I'll get seatbelts I'll be ready for final works inside fuselage. Next week I hope I'll get masks from Montex and guns from Master.

Edited by artoor_k
Fixed image links

12 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Hi Artoor,

You have to remove the bbCode (stuff in square brackets) for your images to show now. More details in the following thread:

Kev

Thanks, I've missed that topic. Unfortunately now I have only links, not pictures.

Edited by artoor_k

7 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Unfortunately I cannot see your pictures, and copying it in the search bar does not help either.

I use Imgur as well, and I always copy the 'direct' option (click on a picture, its the second option on the right of the screen.

Thanks for tip :)

Just now, artoor_k said:

Thanks, I've missed that topic. Unfortunately now I have only links, not pictures.

I can see that you tried to fix the images, Artoor, and that it didn't work, so I've sorted them out for you. If you remove the bbCode tags and leave the URL intact, the forum software just sees it as a link, and doesn't embed the image. In that case, you can either remove it and paste it in fresh, or use the 'Insert image from URL' function, available from the Other Media drop-down menu, bottom right of the post edit window.

Kev

Just now, LSP_Kevin said:

I can see that you tried to fix the images, Artoor, and that it didn't work, so I've sorted them out for you. If you remove the bbCode tags and leave the URL intact, the forum software just sees it as a link, and doesn't embed the image. In that case, you can either remove it and paste it in fresh, or use the 'Insert image from URL' function, available from the Other Media drop-down menu, bottom right of the post edit window.

Kev

Many thanks and sorry for making mess :( 

Hello,

Yesterday I got PE seatbelts and metal barrels. I found two ammo boxes with Tamiya ammo belts in scrapbox so I'll use them for Lysander. Machinegun pivot arm is made from styrene profiles, same as gunsight mount. I hate working with PE parts - when everything is glued together and it's time to put f.ex seatbelts in place, these PE's starting to disasseble like they're never glued. I think I'll never learn to use them properly :)

fBAMvac.jpg?1

aOKkuHg.jpg?1

6gTPZyQ.jpg?1

Thanks y'all :)

With use of masks from Montex I painted wheels but when I was going to mount them in fairings I realised that I have to make new backplates of lights. There was no chance to glue them OOB (or I'd made a mistake when reading manual). So I've cut new backplates from piece of styrene, painted them silver and glued bulbs from transparent sprue.

ROvPvME.jpg?1

Towend ring and exhaust were glued together. Exhaust was drilled and both parts were painted with dark cooper and titanium gold.

sEy77zq.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Well, it's time for some paint...

Wing was first. Tamiya Green and AK Brown were used.

kOdYR33.jpg?1

...then fuselage. Bottom color is Mr.Hobby Sky.

FT5f5cW.jpg?1

Bomb dispensers OOB looked nowhere near real ones so I build them from scratch.

Edpo8c1.jpg?1

Engine was glued together with cowling and Towend ring. Then two brass pipes were glued too.

cVjkrzx.jpg?1

Edited by artoor_k