1/12 Ford GT Mk II/Meng

D.B. Andrus

9 hours ago, nichenson said:

Harold Bradford of Historic Racing Miniatures makes the best Daytona Coupe in 1/24th scale.  It is lightyears ahead of anything that SMS, MFH, and Gunze ever offered.

Hadn't heard of them before. I took a quick Google search and couldn't find where they're available.

Back on topic, are there any glaring issues with the Trumpeter version as it's 1/4 the price of the Meng kit. 

3 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Hadn't heard of them before. I took a quick Google search and couldn't find where they're available.

Back on topic, are there any glaring issues with the Trumpeter version as it's 1/4 the price of the Meng kit. 

Harold sells them direct.  If you would like his info, just PM me.  Sometimes Model Builder's Warehouse gets them in, too.

As for the Trumpeter kit, I can't remember them all but the area under the front bonnet is not very detailed and there are some dimensional issues.  It was a good start for the KA detail set.  If Meng's kit is nice detailed and only needs the basic items, it will be worth the difference in price at least to me.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, nichenson said:

Harold Bradford of Historic Racing Miniatures makes the best Daytona Coupe in 1/24th scale.  It is lightyears ahead of anything that SMS, MFH, and Gunze ever offered.

100% agree, its an outstanding kit

Cobra Daytona Coupe

click pic ^ for more photos of my build

Edited by Shawn M

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

More like 21,500 USD  base! And even then you still need an engine/trans/rear end/wheels/tires.

Still even then,  if I had the money and space to assemble one, I'd get it

Hahaha they were half that when I did one! I helped another car mechanic build one (the Cobra) for a client, very nice kits! 

The client kept upgrading different parts so it took much longer (install, take apart, rebuild, re-install) and doubled the price! 

beautiful car when done, took many awards in Canadian car shows (not because of anything I did) just a really nice car!

£240 plus the 20% the tax man gets plus the £8.00 for parcelfarce. The Tax man always gets parcels from LM that are destined for me unfortunately, much as they did Wingnut Wings, guess they have some sort of tag. 

It's £278 from Spot model so about the same when delivery factored in.

It will need to be blindingly good to justify that when the 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 935 is around for £135 (although Tamiya have got their moneys worth out of that moulding)

Edited by Adrian

The big H are also listing the Trumpeter GT40 fro £99 - and again the Meng version would have to be a WHOLE lot better to justifying the  150% extra!

You're right Adrian the Tamiya Porches are old , but my goodness they're great kits , ok they need a heap f Aftermarket these days buy the basic models are an objec t lesson in how to do it right!