1/12 Ford GT Mk II/Meng

D.B. Andrus

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

I'm in,

Where can one find that Daytona Coupe?

The only Daytona Coupe kits I know of are in 1/24. One is the old Gunze Hi-tech kit and another is the more recent resin Scale Motorsports kit. The most recent is by Model Factory Hiro. Maybe they'll do one to go with their 1/12 427 Cobra...

Carl

6 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, and the crew on facelook are already shredding it.

I don't do FB, so I have to ask:  What did Meng get wrong? 

I'm not a Ford fan, but a friend is and I was considering this kit as a gift to him... 

D

46 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

I don't do FB, so I have to ask:  What did Meng get wrong? 

I'm not a Ford fan, but a friend is and I was considering this kit as a gift to him... 

D

I'm not real sure they did anything wrong, myself. Some of the comments I saw earlier today, have been that the roof is too round, the fenders are too tall and the front end sits too high.

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm not real sure they did anything wrong, myself. Some of the comments I saw earlier today, have been that the roof is too round, the fenders are too tall and the front end sits too high.

They should realize the kit is still in development.

14 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The only Daytona Coupe kits I know of are in 1/24. One is the old Gunze Hi-tech kit and another is the more recent resin Scale Motorsports kit. The most recent is by Model Factory Hiro. Maybe they'll do one to go with their 1/12 427 Cobra...

Carl

Harold Bradford of Historic Racing Miniatures makes the best Daytona Coupe in 1/24th scale.  It is lightyears ahead of anything that SMS, MFH, and Gunze ever offered.