Have you ever found a model in your stash you didnt remember?

mpk

I can believe this.  The roller coaster of life that you have been on!

My issue of late is I have lost track of the kits I have sold.  And for a while I stashed AM for all of one my Bf-109 kits, for example, in one of the kits.  Similar to your discovery, I found three sets of AM for the MiG 15 in one box.  I only have one MiG 15 kit.  I like to think that all this was due to my smaller modeling space and not my age. 

Have fun always,

Rick

Oh yes, I bought the Alanger Type XXIII U-boat three times, as I kept thinking I'd sold them off. As to books, that's where I really tend to forget, and as a consequence, sometimes end up with two or even three of the exact same book; very frustrating. I also, from time to time, find a "mystery kit" that I have absolutely no recollection of ever getting; sort of like an unexpected Christmas.

I have over 100 kits in the loft that I never knew about, must have been left by the kind person who owned the house before us (so I tell my wife).

Generally I can keep track of what I have. my biggest problem is selling a kit on ebay only to regret it and then buying another.

I had this happen to me just a few weeks ago.

I was digging through a moving box filled with stashed model kits.  I remembered/recognized everything, until I got to the little 1/72 Tamiya A6m5 Zero.

Unbelievably detailed little kit, but I had totally forgotten that I owned it.