F6F5 HELLCAT TRUMPETER

red baron

You did a good job on this Cat, looking very good.........but for the spine, but that is ofcourse not your undoing, i'm still bothered a bit by Trump's representation of the Hellcat, were the spine is too much rounded and wide as compared to the Hasegawa kit, and compared to real time pictures of this aircraft.

But again that being said, this Hellcat is perfect the way you built it, congrats,

salut,

Jack

9 hours ago, Jack said:

You did a good job on this Cat, looking very good.........but for the spine, but that is ofcourse not your undoing, i'm still bothered a bit by Trump's representation of the Hellcat, were the spine is too much rounded and wide as compared to the Hasegawa kit, and compared to real time pictures of this aircraft.

But again that being said, this Hellcat is perfect the way you built it, congrats,

salut,

Jack

thank you for the comment, and indeed the trumpeter is really wrong on the back, but I did not want to make very big changes, a hasg and a trump side by side on the photo, and saw the difference

201020080456601299.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 10:39 AM, Erwin said:

Can you compare this with the Hasegawa Hellcat ?

Which is best ?

hasegawa seems much fairer in terms of shape, but everything needs to be done to modernize it, the trump is more modern, but the back is really missing

On 10/31/2020 at 10:39 AM, Erwin said:

Can you compare this with the Hasegawa Hellcat ?

Which is best ?

Erwin, take it from me, YOUR 1/24 Hellcat is IMHO  the best representation of this aircraft, and going back to 1/32nd the Hasegawa, despite being old, has the best outline shapes of a Hellcat, and ok, it lacks the modern detailing capabilities, but some TLC can bring this old venerable Hasegawa  kit to a splendid end result.......

On 11/4/2020 at 12:33 AM, James Rademaker said:

Excellent job on both kits. Is there a reason why the rivet detail is more pronounced on the US Navy version? Archer resin rivets?

Jim

absolutely not, I just made a passage of oil paint in the engraving

201109030839378847.jpg