decals for a 1/32 F-4J VX-4 Black Bunny

Hugo Garcia

Hi there,

I am new to Large Scale Planes and really enjoying the site. I am currently building a 1/32 Tamiya F-4J Phantom but having difficulties in finding decals to build the version of the VX-4 Black Bunny. Can someone direct me on where I can purchase such decals?

Thank you,

Hugo

Welcome to the site!  Unfortunately, the two options that I’m aware of are out of production, so your best bet would be eBay or the second hand market.

Yellowhammer made a decal sheet and Hobby Decal made a dry transfer decal sheet.

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/yellowhammer3204decalreviewrk_1.htm

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=416

Edited by Dave Williams

I think I have both sets of those decals. 
Unfortunately, I just moved and they are in a box somewhere. (Picture the last scene of Raiders of the Ark where they placed it in a warehouse filled with boxes - some of my boxed stash is stacked in a bathroom!

When I find it, I will get back to you.

I checked with Hobby Decal but didn't see the decals there, I sent them and email but have not received a response. Scott, your F-4 looks Awesome!!!!

Mr. Ray Peterson, let me know when you find them and I can send you payment thru PayPal.

Sincerely,

Hugo Garcia

Edinburg Texas

2 hours ago, Hugo Garcia said:

I checked with Hobby Decal but didn't see the decals there, I sent them and email but have not received a response. Scott, your F-4 looks Awesome!!!!

Mr. Ray Peterson, let me know when you find them and I can send you payment thru PayPal.

Sincerely,

Hugo Garcia

Edinburg Texas

http://www.hobbydecal.com/detail.cgi?number=al32001v1

Ive got the HobbyDecal dry rub stencils.  All I can say are the facts:

- Be prepared for a long wait for communication - if any

- You have a 50/50 shot if the decals will rub off 100% or not.

I ruined several on my sheet, but also got several to work perfectly. Seemed like a cruel crap shoot. 

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ive got the HobbyDecal dry rub stencils.  All I can say are the facts:

- Be prepared for a long wait for communication - if any

- You have a 50/50 shot if the decals will rub off 100% or not.

I ruined several on my sheet, but also got several to work perfectly. Seemed like a cruel crap shoot. 

I agree with Brian, they really are hit and miss, put the wrong amount of pressure on and there's no way of getting them off the sheet.

Personally I'd try to cancel the order and buy the decals, but if you do get the transfers, scan them before use, so at least you could get some masks made.