Red Fox Studio - 3D instrument panels - P-38, A-10, F-117, F/A-18E, Bf-109G, Ju-87 etc

Jan_G

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks for doing this, although a little too late for me since I just got the F-117 sets.  If you are redoing the F-117, is they any chance that you can also change the grey background color?  It’s much too light for the real Dark Gull Gray color that it should be.  The color in the F-5E set looks closer.

Dear Dave,

Yes we will look into the problem and definitely repair it! We could advise you to gently wash the surface. At the edges .. maybe a solution ..
And thanks for the comment!

Regards
Attila

Hi Attila, 

No, this was not my point. For sure you understood I do not like when the systems are up. However, for the Tamiya Tomcat the problem is more elemental: there is simply no instrument on the panels! Tamiya just put some flat decals. Accordingly your 3d decals would noticeably improve the cockpit. 

BR 

Thierry 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi Attila, 

No, this was not my point. For sure you understood I do not like when the systems are up. However, for the Tamiya Tomcat the problem is more elemental: there is simply no instrument on the panels! Tamiya just put some flat decals. Accordingly your 3d decals would noticeably improve the cockpit. 

BR 

Thierry 

Ohh okay :)

18 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks for doing this, although a little too late for me since I just got the F-117 sets.  If you are redoing the F-117, is they any chance that you can also change the grey background color?  It’s much too light for the real Dark Gull Gray color that it should be.  The color in the F-5E set looks closer.

We looked at the problem ... The color of the F-117A is given by both Hasegawa and Trumpeter (given as FS36375) which corresponds to the H57 Aircraft Gray in the Gunze palette. The F-5 and F-18E Yet as you wrote Dark gull gray (FS 36231) which is H317 in the Gunze palette. This can lead to the difference. But of course we will try to bring out the color as close as possible and if we can do even better we will!

Thanks
Attila

1 hour ago, RFS Hungary said:

We looked at the problem ... The color of the F-117A is given by both Hasegawa and Trumpeter (given as FS36375) which corresponds to the H57 Aircraft Gray in the Gunze palette. The F-5 and F-18E Yet as you wrote Dark gull gray (FS 36231) which is H317 in the Gunze palette. This can lead to the difference. But of course we will try to bring out the color as close as possible and if we can do even better we will!

Thanks
Attila

Thanks for taking a look, Attila.  The color given by Hasegawa and Trumpeter is wrong.  Standard modern US cockpit color is Dark Gull Gray, and that includes the F-117.  Also, the background of the main instrument panel is black, not the gray cockpit color.  A Google search for “F-117 cockpit” can confirm this.  As a note, the photos of the F-117 in the USAF museum are from an early machine that was used testing and it has a non standard instrument layout.  HTH.

25 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks for taking a look, Attila.  The color given by Hasegawa and Trumpeter is wrong.  Standard modern US cockpit color is Dark Gull Gray, and that includes the F-117.  Also, the background of the main instrument panel is black, not the gray cockpit color.  A Google search for “F-117 cockpit” can confirm this.  As a note, the photos of the F-117 in the USAF museum are from an early machine that was used testing and it has a non standard instrument layout.  HTH.

The layout of the instruments was based on the book by HAYNES. We could not obtain a more credible source. And when it came to colors, we tried to rely on manufacturers. Which is also a bit annoying because if someone orders from this kits (Hasegawa or Trumpeter), and after follows the instructions it won’t be like the original. Or, if we're going to make it with Dark Gull Gray now (by the way well), another part of the modellers will throw us a stone to so what we are do :))

By the way we will do :)
Thanks!

8 hours ago, otis252 said:

Will the F/A-18E set fit the Trumpeter Kit? Thanks.

Chuck

I don't know :)... but most likely not :( we experience several times that when we make a jet, the instrument panel in the kits of the manufacturers is usually, if "minimal" (or total other separated), different ... but the good news is that our panels for trumpeter 1/32 sets will be available by the end of November! E, F and G series

Nice day!

Attila

16 hours ago, RFS Hungary said:

I don't know :)... but most likely not :( we experience several times that when we make a jet, the instrument panel in the kits of the manufacturers is usually, if "minimal" (or total other separated), different ... but the good news is that our panels for trumpeter 1/32 sets will be available by the end of November! E, F and G series

Nice day!

Attila

Nice.