Red Fox Studio - 3D instrument panels - P-38, A-10, F-117, F/A-18E, Bf-109G, Ju-87 etc

Jan_G

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice looking detail sets.  Are we leaving photo etch and resin behind as the primary source of detail, I wonder??

Cheers,

Michael

No risk as you cannot fold such parts nor reproduce parts with meshed patterns. This will rather replace photoetched parts where they are weak and such IPs are a good example. Resin is not going to disappear soon either as to reproduce 3d parts quickly and efficiently in an affordable way, 3d print will still need many years of evolution to offer similar capabilities. 

On 10/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Paul2660 said:

Just a heads up, 

Their website when viewed on a iPhone appears to have an error where you can't get to the checkout.  Odds are it's a "Mobile Friendly" problem.  Works fine on PC/Chrome. 

Paul C 

Hi Paul,

I am the developer of Red Fox's website. Thank you for writing down that problem with the site, I tried to reproduce the error, but only found problems that might have been occured, when the language or the currency was changed on the "Order finalization" page. In this case, the system returned a "405" error page. The problem did not occur in any other browsers, including Chrome for Android.

Now I tried to place order on 2 different iPhones, and both were successful.

I hope I could fix the error correctly, so feel free to try again on your next order. I'm trying to do my best when user experience comes into play.

Ricsi

9 hours ago, malikricsi said:

Hi Paul,

I am the developer of Red Fox's website. Thank you for writing down that problem with the site, I tried to reproduce the error, but only found problems that might have been occured, when the language or the currency was changed on the "Order finalization" page. In this case, the system returned a "405" error page. The problem did not occur in any other browsers, including Chrome for Android.

I hope I could fix the error correctly, so feel free to try again on your next order. I'm trying to do my best when user experience comes into play.

Ricsi

9 hours ago, malikricsi said:

Hi Paul,

Ricsi

I was able to get my order in from Safari. But glad to help out. Looking forward to the products. 

Paul C 

Got my order today.  Was able to get the order in during the promotion, so got two of what I ordered (and actually 4 of one set because I ordered 2).  Definitely a step up over the flat Eduard PE.

I see that they now have the F-117 set available.  Also noted that the free shipping for outside Hungary has gone up to 200 Euro.  It was 100 Euro when I ordered the first time, so I didn’t have to pay it.  Shipping is pretty steep, but they are using UPS.

Edited by Dave Williams

Just received my order.

The finishing and the detailing of the panels look very realistic.

And yes, the Opening Weekend Offer 2 for 1 worked for me (some gadgets also included in the package): got 2 sets for the price of 1 each.

I'll definitely buy more!

Stay safe and Happy Modelling!

Stefano

50523505141_8fa6229222_s.jpg50522780958_cd058d5aed_s.jpg

Edited by Stefano
text typo

On 10/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, thierry laurent said:

I do not know why but I do not like lit displays. <_<

When a plane is parked the probability to see them up is very low. Typically, you need to add some ground crew, electrical connections and so on. Another option is to put the plane rolling or even in flight with a pilot figure. However, these two scenarios are rarely chosen by modellers.

So, why doing such a choice whereas this also increases the risk to get a toyish look? Eduard regularly made the same choice. I'm always puzzled by that...:blink:

Dear Thierry, We have some good news!

Because quite a few have indicated this problem and we want to satisfy "everyone". That’s why we decided to release our Black Editions. Which mean the "displays in off mode". It will be available from both the F-117 and F-18 within a week. We want a Brand that also pays attention to modelers.

Thank You!
RFS team

Edited by RFS Hungary

9 hours ago, RFS Hungary said:

Dear Thierry, We have some good news!

Because quite a few have indicated this problem and we want to satisfy "everyone". That’s why we decided to release our Black Editions. Which mean the "displays in off mode". It will be available from both the F-117 and F-18 within a week. We want a Brand that also pays attention to modelers.

Thank You!
RFS team

Thanks for doing this, although a little too late for me since I just got the F-117 sets.  If you are redoing the F-117, is they any chance that you can also change the grey background color?  It’s much too light for the real Dark Gull Gray color that it should be.  The color in the F-5E set looks closer.

Edited by Dave Williams