Red Fox Studio - 3D instrument panels - P-38, A-10, F-117, F/A-18E, Bf-109G, Ju-87 etc

Jan_G

This is just amazing, the fidelity of these products takes our hobby to an entirely different level. Thanks for sharing these photos. 

I am really impressed at the fidelity and the possibilities that 3d printing brings to the hobby. And it is still in its infancy. 

Just amazing!

Cheers

Alan

I do not know why but I do not like lit displays. <_<

When a plane is parked the probability to see them up is very low. Typically, you need to add some ground crew, electrical connections and so on. Another option is to put the plane rolling or even in flight with a pilot figure. However, these two scenarios are rarely chosen by modellers.

So, why doing such a choice whereas this also increases the risk to get a toyish look? Eduard regularly made the same choice. I'm always puzzled by that...:blink:

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I do not know why but I do not like lit displays. <_<

When a plane is parked the probability to see them up is very low. Typically, you need to add some ground crew, electrical connections and so on. Another option is to put the plane rolling or even in flight with a pilot figure. However, these two scenarios are rarely chosen by modellers.

So, why doing such a choice whereas this also increases the risk to get a toyish look? Eduard regularly made the same choice. I'm always puzzled by that...:blink:

Indeed. That’s something I like about the Quinta ones. All MFDs are powered down. Being the heretic I am I have several 1/48 sets from Quinta on the way. 

Thanks Jan but these seem me to be cheating.  I love painting all the buttons and the edges of bazillions of interment dials.  Everyone I thought felt the same.  It is model building after all.   LOL  <forget I said this>

My new Tornado kit will be getting this treatment if they become available.  What about the Tamiya F-15E?

Hello

A bit black the rlm66...but I would like to see it in real, it seems of interest, particulary the 262 set...

(I neglect Ed., always slobbery)

Awaiting a review

Amities

Fab

On 10/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I've heard exactly NO discussion about what type of equipment is used to create these things.  Is it some variation of a 3D printer?  Is it a Russian secret weapon?

It is a 3D printer that uses a colored vinyl.  Think of it like an old plotter that puts down tiny drops of the vinyl in layers.

Whatever they use would be like a Stratasys’ Objet500 Connex3. 

Edited by nichenson

3 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

How do they compare to the Quinta studios sets?

Tim

Just from appearance, the only differences I can tell other than they are doing different subjects is that some of theirs appear to have the aircraft on whereas Quita has them off, but that isn't every case.  It also appears that Red Fox is trying to match MRP paints.  I haven't seen anything from Quinta showing what they are matching.

I did order a couple of sets so I can say definitively when they get here.

21 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

No offence Rick, but we already had the cheating discussion in a similar thread recently, as with all thangs, it's all down to personal choice, no right, no wrong. 

No offense taken. I do not closely follow every thread. 

On 10/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, Dave Williams said:

I was able to place an order from my iPad without issue.

IPad and iPhone will have totally different interface for the web. Website needs be mobile friendly for iPhone. This is why all iOS iPhone apps and iPad apps are different and not interchangeable. One of the big pains when developing a website so that it’s both mobile friendly and browser friendly. Since vast majority of web access is based on phones now and this your google ranking it’s more important then it used to be. 

Paul C