Hobby Boss A-26, Why Not ? Lets Make a A-26K Nimrod

patricksparks

Although the replacement cowlings have not yet been released, I now have the nacelle/main landing gear replacement set from RESIN2detail, and the mid-fuselage/wing root replacement set. Now I haven't cut everything away from its supports yet (this is all 3-D printed resin), but the parts look to be well-moulded (well-printed?), with the lines from the printing process not being too obvious, and probably responding well to a little sanding. To me the most important single part is the mid-fuselage, it is printed as a single piece (there are no right and left halves). Again, the printing is good, and placing it up against the kit fuselage, you can see the difference in the wing root height. The addition of this one piece, along with the longer main gear to go along with it, should improve the accuracy of this kit immensely. The fuselage cross-section still won't be perfect, but these parts (along with the cowlings when those are released), should enable the experienced modeller to make this kit into something actually resembling an Invader. I will report on the cowlings when those are released, and I have them.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, Bruce said:

a friend and I recently took numerous and measurements  of the KC-135 tires on a B-26.  He is making cad drawings and is going to print the tires.  If all goes well I'll try to pot pictures

Bruce

The 3D printed KC-135 style wheels are done.  There are pictures and information posted over on Iian's A-26K build for anyone interested.

Bruce