This may be the coolest model I’ve ever seen!

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

One of my buddies had his PC set so that when he went to shut it down for the night, it'd say "Please don't do that, Dave".

My iPhone text tone is HAL saying ‘“I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that” - it freaks people out ;)

I'm biased here, because I have 2001 somewhere in my Top 5 movies of all time, but...

The scene where we realize HAL is reading their lips and the 2 astronauts do not have the privacy they thought they had, despite being alone in the pod...and then the cut to intermission.

One of the great scenes in cinematic history.

Nope... Never seen it.Just like so many other movies and Science fiction  stuff...

Well as someone who stood out side Arthur C Clarke's house in Colombo, Sri Lanka as a pilgrimage back in the 1980s , I find your lack of SciFi awareness disturbing!

Seriously - only joking ,

But as far as Science Fiction is concerned 2001 : A Space Odyssey is one of the touch stones of  the genre, and indeed culture as a whole,  the idea of a self aware omniscient computer running all of your life is eerily prescient - and no I don't have an Alexa or Siri anywhere near my house, you can't be too careful!