How flat is flat?

D.B. Andrus

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

Here we use that line for Saskatchewan,  some of us also call it and Manitoba "The Great Gap".  Its the gap of nothing between Alberta and Ontario  :lol:

And before all 100 people that live there get mad at me, I was borne in Saskaberia too. B)

Oh ya!?

well, we here in Saskatchewan say it’s so windy here because Manitoba sucks and Alberta blows;)

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Lubbock.  I've seen sand drifting (as in, forming drifts) across an active interstate highway.  So yeah, no.  Thanks.  Don't need any more West Texas in my life.

It does that here too. But between November and April and it’s snow. We call them finger drifts, they can put you in the ditch and ruin your day really quick.

My college housemate came from Oklahoma, but we were in Utah at the time. He had a brown paper bag colored poster, think of a grocery bag texture and color. It had a thin black line across the bottom, about 1 inch up, representing the horizon. There was a very small drawing of an oil well at one side, maybe 1 inch tall, on a 2.5 to 3 foot tall poster. At the top were letters in bold black type, "SKI OKLAHOMA".

Bit of a contrast to the terrain nearby.

Tnarg