1/32 HKM Avro Lancaster Mk.I Finished!

b757captain

lovely work sir I love the lines of that bomber. I like it more then, dare I say it?, the B17

anyway regarding your battery set up wouldn't be more safe to put in the back of the big round tube in the centre of the bomb bay take out he back end no soul will notice and no need to tape it risking more damage to bomb bay and the doors...

just a thought.

Cheers

Frederrick Jacobs

On 10/9/2020 at 3:26 AM, Stevepd said:

That looks absolutely brilliant and you don’t see many built. If I may (and to be corrected) is the main gear tyres and the grey. I know their not true black but I’m not sure grey misting is the answer:sorry:
Apart from that, that’s a competition winner:clap2:

Thanks Steve! You're right, the tires are a little too gray - I used Mr. Color Tire Black, which seems to me to be closer to Gunship Gray but I haven't found a suitable alternative yet, at least without mixing my own. 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:37 AM, nmayhew said:

impressive beast

i like the exhaust staining - what paints and colours did you use?

the cookie weathering looks a bit 'samey', and should it have that seam line on the end?

glad you got there after the clear coat troubles - must be very satisfying!

thanks for sharing

Nick

Thanks Nick! The exhaust staining was a random light airbrushing of overlapping whites, grays and black until it looked right to my eye. No special secrets there. As to the weaponry, I have a tendency to rush through the bombs and things and just forgot the seam :huh:

On 10/9/2020 at 4:41 AM, dennismcc said:

Most impressive

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis!

On 10/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, MikeC said:

That's very good. :goodjob:

Thanks Mike!

On 10/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, Neo said:

Look good

For you battery pac you could use magnetic tape stuck to the door. It should be enough to magenetise againgts the batteries

Thanks! Not so sure about putting magnets next to a battery pack though. I think some electrical tape will do just fine :)

On 10/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, mozart said:

Well done Sir, that really is a most imposing and splendid looking Lancaster, one to be proud of for sure! :clap2::clap2:

Thanks Mozart!

On 10/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, brahman104 said:

Very nice indeed!!!! Looks great out of the box too :)

Craig

Thanks Craig! I did enhance it just a bit with the instrument panel but you can't even see it!

On 10/9/2020 at 3:49 PM, Jack said:

Absolutely great build, looking very very good !!!

Jack

Thanks Jack!

• 2 weeks later...

That is one great Lancaster you have built there, my friend. A real tribute to your building and painting skills. 

I was watching a Lanc taxying around a large field a few months ago ("Just Jane" at the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum, East Kirkby). It occurred to me that the design was a thing of great functional beauty. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

On 10/13/2020 at 8:48 PM, Supersonic said:

Very nice Lancaster ! I guess when you would put it on your roof of your car

and take pictures outside we all could see even more of this very nice model .

Stefan

If you mean this car?

EHPQxHj.jpg

I didn't want to take anything away from the Lanc!

On 10/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, stusbke said:

lovely work sir I love the lines of that bomber. I like it more then, dare I say it?, the B17

anyway regarding your battery set up wouldn't be more safe to put in the back of the big round tube in the centre of the bomb bay take out he back end no soul will notice and no need to tape it risking more damage to bomb bay and the doors...

just a thought.

Cheers

Frederrick Jacobs

Thanks Frederrick! The battery pack for the lights won't fit in the bomb and I just wasn't in to making a custom setup. Sometimes you just have to hit the easy button :)

On 10/15/2020 at 3:42 PM, Panzerwomble said:

Classic areoplane , beautiful lines, and an excellent rendition . Nice one ! 

On 10/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, Phartycr0c said:

having put two of these together now I can say I concur with your comments. Its a great rewarding kit that builds up into a stunning subject. You Sir have done this more than a little justice. 

Great work! 

On 10/22/2020 at 4:56 AM, Gazzas said:

Very nice!

On 10/31/2020 at 1:44 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

That is one great Lancaster you have built there, my friend. A real tribute to your building and painting skills. 

I was watching a Lanc taxying around a large field a few months ago ("Just Jane" at the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum, East Kirkby). It occurred to me that the design was a thing of great functional beauty. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Thanks guys!!

On 11/2/2020 at 4:39 AM, MARU5137 said:

STUNNING  .

your Lancaster  looks AWESOME. 

:goodjob:

:clap2:

On 11/2/2020 at 5:44 AM, Phartycr0c said:

Wonderful work an absolute beauty. 

On 11/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, Greif8 said:

Impressive build Mark, if you had not mentioned the blushing issue I would never have known.  I thought it was some well executed fading.  Where are you going to display that beast?

Thanks guys! Display options are kinda slim so for now it's hanging from the ceiling. After I found a few large meathooks, just in case! :P