Fokker D.VII fans rejoice! Seven Swabians (Sieben Schwabben) decals from Aviattic

seiran01

It's not four parts... it's the side panels, the "triangle" forward fuselage panels with a louver that wingnut didn't even include an option for, the top cowl panels are different, chin has bumps that cover fasteners and the landing gear wing needs modifications as well with panel lines and fasteners added.  Been looking closely at the OAWs myself, if you can't tell :P

I'm with K2 on this, I think it's a great idea that Aviattic does this scheme but it never did anything much for me. I believe the graphic was originally taken from the Max und Moritz children's book and the scheme somehow became a WnW D.VII fetish item. 

I got the Goering boxing just before WnW hit the fan and picked up their Fighting Fokkers #5 decal sheet from SB on sale--ah, those were the days! (If anyone wants a 1/32 war criminal just let me know). It has Bruno Loering's scheme of Hermann's plane, which is B&W stripes and very graphic. I'm not a big fan of lozenge on the Fokker, too drab for that tough machine. 

Edited by Basta
typo

• 2 weeks later...

My decal set arrived today from the UK, I'm impressed!   I was expecting huge delays through Customs but it wasn't realized.  I looked through the decals and I have a question though; doesn't this decal set come with a placement guide?  Do I have to download one from the Aviattic website like Fundekals or am I left to source placement images on my own? I'll say that a lot of the decals are obvious as to where they belong but what's with the tiny hand prints?  You'll have to forgive my questions as I've never owned a set of Aviattic decals before.  They do look fantastic though.

Edited by Juggernut

25 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way one single WnW Fokker OAW parts sprue (that essentially contains the specific cowling variants parts) was sold for more than 120$ (p&p included) on ebay!  For such a price, there is some room for resin or 3d printed conversions... 

...and yet no-one really bothered, even when WNW was at its height

i wonder why?

no scope for add-ons because WNW kits were so perfect?

no scope because WWI subjects are so basic?

no scope because so little information out there?

given all of the above, I wonder why they would bother now?

Well, previously no-one bothered to make AM Fokker cowl parts because no-one thought that WNW would close down. If you had the D.VII (Alb) and wanted to make a D.VII (OAW) you could source the sprue from WNW itself. Now things are different and there is a market for such items (especially Fokker D.VII cowls), so someone with the right expertise could create these parts with a 3D printer and sell them for a profit.