Fokker D.VII fans rejoice! Seven Swabians (Sieben Schwabben) decals from Aviattic

seiran01

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

One click on ebay or two, a pay pall account and one will be one the way to your door.  Currently there look to be at least two listed for $200.00.  Which I don:t think unreasonable at the moment.  I don:t think that highway robbery or anything else.  How often by the time you buy a.m. bits do all of us spend several hundred on a 1/32 kit?  I have one, that I current don:t plan to build but might or might sell it but otherwise they are out there.  If I were determined to build a DVII right now, I would spend the 200.00.    

I had already looked on ebay and this is not so simple: 200usd + p&p + import taxes finally result in something close to 300usd. If I've no issue to overpay for an oop kit, I'm not ready to pay more than three times the retail price for a kit that was available less than a year ago! If I like WnW kits I'm not going to lose my sanity to get one. I will simply be patient. :innocent:

6 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Yes they have, been talking with Richard and Hannants was not supposed to have listed anything before he announces them. Whoops!

I mentioned elsewhere a whole batch of new decals shown on Hannant's, then went to check, and they were gone. Just assumed I am going looney.

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I had already looked on ebay and this is not so simple: 200usd + p&p + import taxes finally result in something close to 300usd. If I've no issue to overpay for an oop kit, I'm not ready to pay more than three times the retail price for a kit that was available less than a year ago! If I like WnW kits I'm not going to lose my sanity to get one. I will simply be patient. :innocent:

Shipping is a hard hit, I did not look but I suspect I could get it in us for no more than 225.--

3 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

I imagine there will be some deflated WNW speculators tonight who decided to hold onto their sheet thinking that even when one went recently for over £200.00 on eBay - ”it can only go higher”....oops!

Most of those WW guys will be rubbing their hands together at what this will do to the price of D7’s they where smart enough to buy when you could.

WW prices being high is not a new thing.

Every one of the WW kits that went oop had big prices afterward and continue to.

Anyone thinking the entire company going into hibernation wouldn't lead to a surge in prices is simply not being realistic.

Supply vs demand.

There is no “speculation” when it comes to WW you either bought them when you could, you pay big money later or you miss out.

Well, again, I can only praise the solidarity mindset of LSP people. :bow:

It looks two members were acting behing the scene to help me finding a Fokker and guess what? Thanks to them, I just found one for 90£ plus p&p...! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much guys. :clap2:

This is typically one of the reasons why I'm spending far too much time on this site rather than anywhere else on the web ... :whistle:

Useless to say I will get the decals as soon as possible as I do not want to do the same error twice!

While I'm more than happy for those that like this scheme, it never really did all that much for me. Of the three D.VII kits that I do have, I've only selected one absolute scheme so far, so still have some options, though of many, I think perhaps a Jasta 18 machine might just be one of them.

My favorite boxing and markings were in the OAW kit.  It had several I really liked, I waited, did not buy one and purchased latter.  I still have had the chance to build a dvii so am happy.  I am not sure I want to build another though even though I have one.

44 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

My favorite boxing and markings were in the OAW kit.  It had several I really liked, I waited, did not buy one and purchased latter.  I still have had the chance to build a dvii so am happy.  I am not sure I want to build another though even though I have one.

What's the other one you're not sure you'll build?

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

What's the other one you're not sure you'll build?

I have a DVIi, and two sopwith Camels.  I started  Camel 1, intend to finish it but I am not sure I want to do any more WWI other than the Meng DrI someday.

Edited by cbk57

23 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Most of those WW guys will be rubbing their hands together at what this will do to the price of D7’s they where smart enough to buy when you could.

WW prices being high is not a new thing.

Every one of the WW kits that went oop had big prices afterward and continue to.

Anyone thinking the entire company going into hibernation wouldn't lead to a surge in prices is simply not being realistic.

Supply vs demand.

There is no “speculation” when it comes to WW you either bought them when you could, you pay big money later or you miss out.

I agree and I am aware of that Darren as I have a huge stash of WNW kits myself; the point I was making is getting another Fokker DVII kit unless WNW rise phoenix like to re-pop it some years down the line or they sell the moulds, then it will be impossible now to acquire one unless paying high second hand prices. Someone simply doing that decal scheme however was a MUCH more likely prospect given the (IMHO inexplicable as it wasn't a personality or ace's mount) demand for the 'Seven Swabians' decal option and I am only surprised that none of the WW1 decal companies like Pheon, Lifelike or indeed Aviattic now of course didn't do this one a long time ago given the long standing demand for it. If I had one of those WNW sheets recently, I would have taken the money it was attracting recently until this announcement given that someone else coming out with the same decal option at some stage was pretty much a no brainer.

Gary