Fokker D.VII fans rejoice! Seven Swabians (Sieben Schwabben) decals from Aviattic

seiran01

Well hell, I'm excited that Richard has finally announced the sheet! Wingnut's sold-out decal sheet has been selling on ebay for higher prices than some wingnut kits. 

Available for sale directly from https://www.aviattic.co.uk/132-fokker-dvii-markings-sets.html

s889257479264688213_p496_i4_w3024.jpeg?w

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Curiously the future releases on Hannants have disappeared, like the Cheshire Cat...

Yes they have, been talking with Richard and Hannants was not supposed to have listed anything before he announces them. Whoops!

46 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

I bought a set...even though I don't have an ALB D. VII.  All my D. VII's are of the early ilk.

With all the different panels around the engine that come in the kit, and most of the kit being the same from one to another, I doubt anyone would know the difference.  I studied the directions for all the variants, I have a D VII early still and I just don:t think it that big of a deal.  If I really wanted to do this version, I would not hesitate to simply use the kit I have and whatever engine panels looked closes.  Also someone on here might have needed part s in spares.  These DVIIs all seemed to have a lot of spare panels in the box anyway.

One of my professors instilled in us many years ago and in regards to statutes of limitations, "You snooze, you lose."  I think the same applies to certain aspects of this hobby.  Which coincidentally, is the reason why I purchased this set of decals.

Edited by Juggernut

17 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed but the main issue now is to get a DVII, whatever may be the boxing! 

One click on ebay or two, a pay pall account and one will be one the way to your door.  Currently there look to be at least two listed for $200.00.  Which I don:t think unreasonable at the moment.  I don:t think that highway robbery or anything else.  How often by the time you buy a.m. bits do all of us spend several hundred on a 1/32 kit?  I have one, that I current don:t plan to build but might or might sell it but otherwise they are out there.  If I were determined to build a DVII right now, I would spend the 200.00.