R.I.P. Eddie

Out2gtcha

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so happy playing a guitar, the widest smile in Rock and Roll. RIP

Yep, Its easy to tell that he enjoyed playing.

As said earlier a large piece of my child hood gone too, There will never be another like EVH. :(

Rock on Eddie, Legends never die!

39 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

I had exams during his 1981 Detroit concert.    I never saw him live.  
RIP man

I saw him live when Van Halen toured Australia with Gary Cherone on vocals. I really don't remember the concert at all, unfortunately, but I don't think that was the band's best period.

Kev

I heard the sad news driving cross country and moving several states away.  It’s sad to hear news like this.   I pondered about This for a long while.  Neil Peart, Glenn Frey, Tom Petty, Dolores O’Riordan all hit me the same way.  A chunk of my youth seemed to be ripped away forever.  

Rest In Peace Eddie.  You brought a-lot of happiness to millions.  

18 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

You brought a-lot of happiness to millions.  

That, for sure; but also much more than that. Eddie changed guitar playing forever, becoming one of the most influential players in the history of the instrument. He didn't really invent any new techniques, but rather - like all great innovators - he perfected them, recombined them, and creatively bent and morphed them into his own unique style. There are plenty of stylistic innovators on the instrument, but arguably none as well-known, as popular, or as influential as Eddie Van Halen.

Kev