Health

mpk

Cheers mate. 

Every morning I wake up is a gift.

I am also lucky in NSW. Our government did a good job of holding down the virus. Victoria isn't so luck. Similar to what America is experiencing, but on a much smaller scale. Incompetent governments are a real problem. I hurt for Victoria because that's where I was born.

Tomorrow I am back at the High risk foot clinic at Concord hospital. They will operate on my foot. It's really funny because I don't require aesthetic. The guys are like "does that hurt???" Me, "Nah, I'm good." They shake their heads.

Classic. 

Stay safe and wear a mask. I have really nice masks. The only issue is I fog up my glasses. :D

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Stay safe and wear a mask. I have really nice masks. The only issue is I fog up my glasses. :D

All the best Dale, when I was on dialysis before my kidney transplant there were a bunch of amputees in the ward. And I also faced a similar situation for a time. It's not the end of the world, but obviously something you want to avoid. There are some complete idiots out there undermining mask use, obviously thinking it is only about them and forgetting all the vulnerable folk around them. Makes me pretty angry sometimes.

6 hours ago, mpk said:

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kind words.

I have learned something that is very interesting regarding our feet. Here it is: the shoes we wesr damage our feet. A pair of shoes that don't hurt us retails here in Australia costs, wait for it,  $4000.00 AUD. This price is for a pair on the cheaper end of the scale.

I must conduct a full body check before I sleep. More than 70% of my body is numb. That was caused by all that chemo I had plus the shingles that wrapped my body. Let's just say I'm no longer chasing women and leave it at that! :lol:

A couple of years ago I was interviewed for a drumming podcast. I was asked about my illness and told the guy I'd had 290 chemo treatments. My doctor put me right. I had forgotten Royal North Shore hospital. I had 2 chemo treatments per week there for 19 months. So a further 152 had to be added, plus 8 more lumbar punctures. So the lumber punctures now total 42, and another 159 chemo treatments. I reckon it is some kind of record. Most people can't have so many. Their bodies can't take it. I was very lucky mine was able to cope.

I'm a very lucky man.

These days I don't post anywhere. I even stopped visiting YouTube because all the news is bad. I watch Netflix and Disney. We had a budget in Australia yesterday. I was oblivious. 

I have been building models. I built a rafale that I thought turned out well. I gave it to a kid for his birthday. I forgot to take pictures. It turned out okay.

My new focus is on jets and Russian subjects. I mainly build 1/48 due to space. I managed to screw up a 109 yesterday.

So, everything normal. :lol:

I had to close my studio. I teach from home now. This is fine but distracts the young boys who stare in awe at the model shop in which I live. 

Seriously, it's ridiculous!

I now have my own band. Sadly there's no gigs. We played 4 shows. I can't afford to pay the guys to rehearse. So we never rehearse. We just make it up on the spot. As drummer I put my ego on hold and just play time. My job in that situation is to make the music work.

Here's a jam.

I really do love modelling. It's been wonderful for me. Including all my screw ups.

Again I want to thank you all for dealing with me while I had chemically induced insanity. I was crazy when I joined. My brain is still clearing.

Thanks guys. Dale

Dale you’re like a damn metronome!

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Health
On 10/7/2020 at 5:30 PM, Grant_T said:

There are some complete idiots out there.

I must say, that hurt. :blush:

While I may be a sandwich short of a lunch and not the sharpest knife in the drawer and author ofthe error of my own ways..... I mean well.

Surely that must count for something?????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Anything!!! :innocent:

Does the world simply not care??? :frantic:

Cheers mate! :)

Hi Maru.

Thanks. I'm okay. This stuff has become normal. With the covid thing I have to be careful, but so do we all. It's just another day living the human condition. We're all here. The annoying thing is being unable to feel how hard I am holding parts. I drop so many. I bought a really powerful torch to combat the carpet monster. :)

10 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello Dale,

Sorry I missed this thread.

still out of UK in the pacific.

it hurts to read this thread, but I am happy to see and hear that you are doing well, and that your sense of  humour has not disappeared.

I can tell that you have gotten resilience  to many things  including your health problems,  and having POSITIVE  thoughts does 

help not only you but your body  so keep that up.

Your bravery  in the face of adversity is admirable. 

you are a remarkable  person.

KEEP SAFE .

KEEP WELL.

KEEP  FAITH.

and can you PM ME your address as its time  for your coffee

hamper!

Best wishes 

MARU 5137 :wub:

You’re a good man Maru!

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, mpk said:

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kind words.

I have learned something that is very interesting regarding our feet. Here it is: the shoes we wesr damage our feet. A pair of shoes that don't hurt us retails here in Australia costs, wait for it,  $4000.00 AUD. This price is for a pair on the cheaper end of the scale.

I must conduct a full body check before I sleep. More than 70% of my body is numb. That was caused by all that chemo I had plus the shingles that wrapped my body. Let's just say I'm no longer chasing women and leave it at that! :lol:

A couple of years ago I was interviewed for a drumming podcast. I was asked about my illness and told the guy I'd had 290 chemo treatments. My doctor put me right. I had forgotten Royal North Shore hospital. I had 2 chemo treatments per week there for 19 months. So a further 152 had to be added, plus 8 more lumbar punctures. So the lumber punctures now total 42, and another 159 chemo treatments. I reckon it is some kind of record. Most people can't have so many. Their bodies can't take it. I was very lucky mine was able to cope.

I'm a very lucky man.

These days I don't post anywhere. I even stopped visiting YouTube because all the news is bad. I watch Netflix and Disney. We had a budget in Australia yesterday. I was oblivious. 

I have been building models. I built a rafale that I thought turned out well. I gave it to a kid for his birthday. I forgot to take pictures. It turned out okay.

My new focus is on jets and Russian subjects. I mainly build 1/48 due to space. I managed to screw up a 109 yesterday.

So, everything normal. :lol:

I had to close my studio. I teach from home now. This is fine but distracts the young boys who stare in awe at the model shop in which I live. 

Seriously, it's ridiculous!

I now have my own band. Sadly there's no gigs. We played 4 shows. I can't afford to pay the guys to rehearse. So we never rehearse. We just make it up on the spot. As drummer I put my ego on hold and just play time. My job in that situation is to make the music work.

Here's a jam.

I really do love modelling. It's been wonderful for me. Including all my screw ups.

Again I want to thank you all for dealing with me while I had chemically induced insanity. I was crazy when I joined. My brain is still clearing.

Thanks guys. Dale

My feet are incredibly happy and for all different shapes of feet, they have Lots of various designs and sizing choices.

Most likely they may not come back to read this and if they do they will be irritated because I still sound like a broken record chiming in with "why not softstar?"), but several commentators complain about even minimalist shoes that hurt their big toe or the edge of the foot. Honestly I think it's because most minimalist shoes are still overbuilt (looking at you vivobarefoot/merrell + others I don't have experience with) because as opposed to the shoe attempting to wear your foot in like most shoes do, soft stars are incredibly versatile and actually wear in.

Lems have a very generous, very comfortable toe package, but the height of the stack is way too much for me.