Health

mpk

Hi guys.

I received a PM asking of me. Here is my situation.

Where have I been?

Over the past 12 months I have been trying to save my right foot from amputation. Last week it seemed I may lose my leg at the knee. Happily I got through it to this week.

The fight continues but I remain confident.

I am dealing with 2 hospitals. I am under the care of the High risk foot clinic at 1 of them and general care at the other.

What began as an infection in a toe has spread further. The reason is numbness in my right foot. I didn't know I had a wound.

Mentally I am fine. Losing a foot would offer me the perfect opportunity to stay at home building models 24/7 365 days per year. No complaints there.

My poor old brain is clearing up okay. I don't expect much due to it not being that great since birth anyway. 

As with all of us Covid is an issue. I am concerned about my friends here, I hope you are all well.

One build I had in a group build here was affected by my movements and came to an end.

I currently have 2 builds on the go, a MiG 29 and a 1/32 Me 109 G-6.

Stay safe everyone. 

Dale

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kind words.

I have learned something that is very interesting regarding our feet. Here it is: the shoes we wesr damage our feet. A pair of shoes that don't hurt us retails here in Australia costs, wait for it,  $4000.00 AUD. This price is for a pair on the cheaper end of the scale.

I must conduct a full body check before I sleep. More than 70% of my body is numb. That was caused by all that chemo I had plus the shingles that wrapped my body. Let's just say I'm no longer chasing women and leave it at that! :lol:

A couple of years ago I was interviewed for a drumming podcast. I was asked about my illness and told the guy I'd had 290 chemo treatments. My doctor put me right. I had forgotten Royal North Shore hospital. I had 2 chemo treatments per week there for 19 months. So a further 152 had to be added, plus 8 more lumbar punctures. So the lumber punctures now total 42, and another 159 chemo treatments. I reckon it is some kind of record. Most people can't have so many. Their bodies can't take it. I was very lucky mine was able to cope.

I'm a very lucky man.

These days I don't post anywhere. I even stopped visiting YouTube because all the news is bad. I watch Netflix and Disney. We had a budget in Australia yesterday. I was oblivious. 

I have been building models. I built a rafale that I thought turned out well. I gave it to a kid for his birthday. I forgot to take pictures. It turned out okay.

My new focus is on jets and Russian subjects. I mainly build 1/48 due to space. I managed to screw up a 109 yesterday.

So, everything normal. :lol:

I had to close my studio. I teach from home now. This is fine but distracts the young boys who stare in awe at the model shop in which I live. 

Seriously, it's ridiculous!

I now have my own band. Sadly there's no gigs. We played 4 shows. I can't afford to pay the guys to rehearse. So we never rehearse. We just make it up on the spot. As drummer I put my ego on hold and just play time. My job in that situation is to make the music work.

Here's a jam.

I really do love modelling. It's been wonderful for me. Including all my screw ups.

Again I want to thank you all for dealing with me while I had chemically induced insanity. I was crazy when I joined. My brain is still clearing.

Thanks guys. Dale

Edited by mpk

Good to see you've managed to keep your spirits up.  Ongoing health issues can really get you down.  It's great to see you've got good medical help, so I hope you have friends about to help keep you going.

As my cardiologist says, "Stay vertical."  :D

Michael