The Strangest Model Kit Ever...

vince14

On 10/5/2020 at 7:59 PM, Alain Gadbois said:

A friend of mine actually modeled ice cubes for a photo shoot of some type of drink. They don't melt under the hot studio lights.

Here ya go: https://www.trengovestudios.com/acrylic-ice

You can find several manufacturers of acrylic ice these days.

Holy smokes,  that has to be the silliest thing I've ever seen in any form of modeling.  $25.00 for a full sized model kit of a noodle cup from a grocery store?  really?

What's else is there out there, $40 dollar 1:1 scale models of pine cones that are in your yard?

23 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Holy smokes,  that has to be the silliest thing I've ever seen in any form of modeling.  $25.00 for a full sized model kit of a noodle cup from a grocery store?  really?

What's else is there out there, $40 dollar 1:1 scale models of pine cones that are in your yard?

Happy Birthday Ron!!! I'll send you a real "Cup O' Noodles", PM your addy!

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57

1 hour ago, jenshb said:

The most realistic models I have ever seen are displayed in restaurant windows all over Japan.  You'd swear they would be ready to eat, and what you get looks very much like the display.

That I think is one reason why Japan and the Japanese culture fascinates me so much.  Its only a movie I realize, but seeing the Japanese in action I often think of a quote from the Last Samurai:

"They are an intriguing people. From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue."

1 hour ago, jenshb said:

The most realistic models I have ever seen are displayed in restaurant windows all over Japan.  You'd swear they would be ready to eat, and what you get looks very much like the display.

They have stuff like that here too in places like furniture shops etc. But they are not retail model assembly kits, they are professionally made display props meant for helping sell stuff.

https://displayfakefoods.com/store/pc/Tropical-Fruit-Assortment-13-Pieces-p2305.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjwlID8BRAFEiwAnUoK1WkJRJOz9b81ncPYQvZmEbtXeMoGC24eSu_t73xRgSx_YLdoxSKzrBoC97UQAvD_BwE

YAAAASSSSSS!!

Consider me a happy little camper. For $18 USD each plus postage, these are a hoot! I think they definitely fall into the "if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand" category :D

20201013_102740 20201013_101811 20201013_102718

And because we live in 2020:

20201013_102703

I'll post more pics tonight if anyone's hungry for them. 

Denzil