1/32 scale F-35A Lightning II - RAAF

tomprobert

Here's the latest model off the bench - Italeri's 1/32nd F-35A Lightning II.

This was built out of the box, with the exception of Eduard's seat belt and cockpit set. The kit itself goes together really well, with the only filler being needed on the fuselage to wing join which wasn't the best. There's lots of nicely moulded detail in the landing gear and weapons bays, which with some careful painting comes up well. 

The most time consuming part of the build was the painting process - it took hours, and hours, and hours, and hours... you get the idea... of masking the RAM panels. I went for an early-build RAAF machine provided in the kit, which has the higher-contrast paint job. More recent deliveries have a far less contrasting paint finish which would have made life a good deal easier. Still, I think the earlier schemes are more pleasing on the eye.

Apparently the jet pipe is a little undersized, but I didn't bother replacing it. Detail is a bit soft here to be fair, and the exhaust is the weakest part of the kit. 

Overall though, a nice and simple build, that takes up a lot of room on the display shelf!

Regards to all,

Tom

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10