Survey - please share your opinion.

Rato

5 hours ago, aircare84 said:

My Xtracolor paints.

Colors are accurate, easy to apply.

My go to paints for 3/4 decades now.

Have recently been using MRP about half as much as  Xtracolor.

I never ever have been able to get on with Xtracolor paints, most annoying because they (used to?) do an excellent trainer yellow. 

I've had a bottle of Floquil Military RLM 70 and one of RLM 71 I bot in the late '90s

(never could find any 65) that I just cracked open for the first time to use on my 109D.

The 70 looks OK but the 71 looks like it's gone a little brown so I mixed some MRP blue

and a teensy bit o' yellow.

Have a little Floquil Platinum Mist that I used to use for NMF (better stuff available now),

Reefer White and a barely used bottle of SNJ powder (that stuff goes a looooong way).

A few bottles of Polly S, the first water based paint I used. They had some nice military colors too.

Everything else is still easy to find and quite satisfactory with regard to quality and color variety.

Got me goin' waay back Rato ...

Rxg7vrN.jpg

I love the White Ensign Colorcoates, nowadays called Soverign Hobbies Colorcoates(?).

Nice, correct colors, enormous range, easy to use and gives a fantastic result every time.

But, they are extremely hard to get here in Sweden as importing enamel paints are almost impossible now.

They don´t allow shipping on flights anymore and there´s no importer here in Sweden.

MRP have been my to-go-to paints today as a replacement, the range is quickly growing, paint is fantasic and easy to use.

Cheers!

Stefan :D

Xtracolor and Sovereign Colourcoats paints are my main paints, simple and easy to use, great range and for us in the UK easy to get. My other mainstay is Mr Surfacer in it's various guises, often described as Modelling Magic superb for resin kits and tiny filling jobs.

Cheers

Dennis