How early do you start planning your next build?

AlbertD

For me I decide what my next build is going to be about half way through my current build. I pick my kit then start on research. Then I decide what aftermarket I need then start buying the AM and any special paints, masks, decals I need. My biggest problem is deciding on what kit I want to start the process on.

How early do you guys pick you next project?

I don't,  I have enough planning at work.

For me this is a hobby that I do what ever I want on the day I want to work on it.

I do research, get thing organized and then it may site for years. 

I build what ever I want to build and refuse to make it a project of absolute perfection now.  I just need the zen of building not the stress of being perfect.

Often times, I've set up a plan for a build before I've even bought the kit. 

Lots of the time, seeing a new subject announced gets the creative juices flowing. Its a deadly expensive way of looking at the hobby. Why oh why can't I just be content whittling down my existing stash!?

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I tend to start new projects all the time, at least in my mind. Despite the fact that it'll never happen, I dream of eventually building all of my stuff and more.

I've built all my stash, plus a selection of upcoming releases, at least twice each in my head.

Planning? Not much of that going on here. Life's too short!

Basically I'll take a fancy to a particular subject then look for a suitable kit which I can afford, followed by lots of googling. If I get stuck then I post on here for an answer.

One rule I always stick to is never start a new build before the previous one is finished. My house is too small to have loads of half-finished kits everywhere.

I try not to think about the next build because I'll pull it off the shelf, open it up, scatter a few parts and then change my mind by the time current project is done.  I have something like 2 or 3 kits open right now like this with an almost completed Skyhawk on the bench. 

Might start re-boxing things tonight and focusing on the A4.