I buy way too many kits

Alex

I couldn't resist this one even though I don't know thing one about modeling aircraft that lack propellors.  I saw a really slick photo of a Hellenic Air Force F-4E on line.  Then discovered that someone made a decal set for it.  THEN discovered that Z-M was days away from releasing a new F-4E kit (in 1/48 - these modern fighters are big enough models without needing 1/32 scale).  So the die was cast...

pnbg4l5Mj

My Training Day build is going pretty quickly, so maybe I'll slot this one in for this winter, before I head back to obsessing over WWII in the Pacific.

I've started buying kits again lately too, after a long time (many years) of rarely buying brand-new kits - though I did buy a smattering from swap meets and friends. And with an unbuilt stash of 350 kits, I hardly need any more! Only this morning I ordered the brand-new Kinetic Harrier, which I'm really looking forward to.

Kev

4 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

And with an unbuilt stash of 350 kits, I hardly need any more!

OK, good to know that I'm not too far gone yet!  Repairing briefly to the basement I count 30 kits that I definitely want to build, perhaps another 10 that I might sell or give away.  But at least half of those 30 are 1/32 WWII warbirds from SH, Z-M, Tamiya, and Hasegawa, each of which is probably 3 months of spare time (at least while I'm still among the unretired), so I need to check the urge to buy more.

I can't resist new kits if it's something I want.  I missed too many years of modelling for various reasons.  I have about 60 in the stash with two on the bench.  But I build a dozen a year...  so hopefully I'll catch up someday. 

As long as they don't release any large scale 109's, I think I can hold off a little.

Canvas is the right word. I'd bet there are more or as many different F4 schemes as

there are 109s. I have couple of Acadamys and 4 old Monograms that are just for canvases.

You guys do know this is a journey from which there is no escape.

ZYCoGPg.jpg

6 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I hear those ZM Phantoms are nice kits. I have an Academy F-4J in the stash and want to get a F-4C and will probably get the ZM. I agree the 1/32 Phantoms are huge but it sure is a fun build. It's a big canvas to work on and with your modeling skills Alex it would be a beauty.

I am really looking forward to building it.  You hear only great things about Z-M.  But I do need to learn how to do jet exhaust weathering.  I’ve never had occasion to try it and it looks complex.  I’ve only recently started getting acceptable results on rusty exhaust pipes for piston engines.