I buy way too many kits

Alex

9 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

And now I've just ordered the BPK 1/72 B737-100 kit!

:rolleyes:

Kev

I so have to stick to 1/32 scale aircraft to meet storage limits... oh wait, except for early space exploration (1/72), sci-fi monsters, German gun carriers (1/35), autos of my youth (1/16). Oh darn a delusion I have to now admit.  

I'm sitting on about 200 unbuilt kits in the stash. Most are 1/32, few 1/72's sprinkled in because that's all they come in.  We're now discussing downsizing and moving to a lake home.  I told the wife I've worked too hard all my life to give up my retirement hobby.  Pick a place, but it has to support ALL of my hobbies I plan on focusing on in retirement. I currently have about 1200 sq ft of hobby space and storage. 

4 hours ago, Alex said:

But I do need to learn how to do jet exhaust weathering.  I’ve never had occasion to try it and it looks complex.  I’ve only recently started getting acceptable results on rusty exhaust pipes for piston engines.

The exhaust on my current Phantom build is my first time doing it and it came out OK. I don't think there is any right or wrong way. Just get a couple of reference photos and have fun with colors. I think the key is not to overdo any one color. 

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I couldn't resist this one even though I don't know thing one about modeling aircraft that lack propellors.  I saw a really slick photo of a Hellenic Air Force F-4E on line.  Then discovered that someone made a decal set for it.  THEN discovered that Z-M was days away from releasing a new F-4E kit (in 1/48 - these modern fighters are big enough models without needing 1/32 scale).  So the die was cast...

pnbg4l5Mj

My Training Day build is going pretty quickly, so maybe I'll slot this one in for this winter, before I head back to obsessing over WWII in the Pacific.

well Alex, as I build Hellenic Air Force and Swedish Air Force/SAAB aircraft models, I can see that this is not going to go well for me!...lol :)

Derek

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Remember...............

Building model kits is a hobby, collecting model kits is a whole separate hobby not necessarily related.

Yes, and so far I'm really trying to stick to only doing the former hobby (much less space-intensive).

1 hour ago, Stevepd said:

I’ve got 3 1/32 kits to be built it gets rid of the problem on what to build next:doh:

Sounds like you need some serious guidance there. If you need any advice on how to frivolously waste money on models you don't need, feel free to give me a shout.