Rumpler 6B.1 Floatplane (Kaiserliche Marine)

kkarlsen

7698-021020204343-167791480.jpeg

M. C. Escher.  Love it.  Great work, Kent.  You've got an expansive modeling skill vocabulary.  You asked that I elaborate on the 'Stippling Weathering' method I used on the Hartmann White 1.  If you look in Tips and Techniques you will find a few photos showing how I did it.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Another intriguing build Kent, so watchable! When you shortened the fuselage was there a mismatch of the “diameters” of the mating sections and if so, how did you address it? I ask because I want to build a Gloster Gauntlet based on the ICM Gladiator but that fuselage too will need shortening. 

10 hours ago, mozart said:

Another intriguing build Kent, so watchable! When you shortened the fuselage was there a mismatch of the “diameters” of the mating sections and if so, how did you address it? I ask because I want to build a Gloster Gauntlet based on the ICM Gladiator but that fuselage too will need shortening. 

Thanks Max, yes there is a little 'mismatch' in the front with the engine, but mostly behind the cockpit because of the shortened fuselage.

7698-031020134925.jpeg

We are talking 1 mm's, so I think I will be able to fit it all into place when I get to the assembly of the fuselage. A little here and there...

OOOhhh, the Gloster Gaunlet is very interesting (Danish Air Force). I will definitely be following that one!

7698-031020141420.jpeg

Parts for the convertion are coming along, incl. the Mercedes D.III replacement engine.

Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

14 hours ago, JT68 said:

I cant see them either Andy.

I dont know what the problem is.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

My guess would be that it could be some kind of antivirus thing or browser issue, or a combination of both?

But what do I know? Kent

On 10/2/2020 at 5:14 PM, monthebiff said:

Weird but your pictures arent showing up Kent, is this just me? Cool project by the way.

Regards. Andy 

Definitely not just you.  I will have to see if I can figure it out.  It more than likely is something to do with the hosting site and either antivirus or firewall software on my computer.

29 minutes ago, nichenson said:

Definitely not just you.  I will have to see if I can figure it out.  It more than likely is something to do with the hosting site and either antivirus or firewall software on my computer.

Try using a different browser to see if you get a different result - especially if you're currently using Chrome.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Try using a different browser to see if you get a different result - especially if you're currently using Chrome.

Kev

Good idea Kev!....I was using Safari on my Ipad, installed Google Chrome, now I can see the pics!

Cheer's,

Jeff.