1/32 Revell-Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.1a "K9906"..... Finished.!!

Tolga ULGUR

Beautiful work! I love the finish!

Quick question, do you use the Patafix to hold down the paper mask underneath the paper? Or, do you use it at the edge of the paper so the Patafix forms the camouflage edge and the paper just catches the over spray? Could you please explain!

Thanks

Cheers

Alan

55 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Beautiful work! I love the finish!

Quick question, do you use the Patafix to hold down the paper mask underneath the paper? Or, do you use it at the edge of the paper so the Patafix forms the camouflage edge and the paper just catches the over spray? Could you please explain!

Thanks

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan

I have used paper masks for the horizontal surfaces like wings and horizontal tails. Yes it needs some patafix underneath the paper so it provides the mask to be stable and to be located slightly above from the surface( 0,5 or 1mm). This difference between surface and mask provide soft edge on the camo

And for the fuselage and tail I have used only patafix small tube shaped (like worm)

Cheers

4 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Uhu Patafix (yellow one) works well. No residu behind it.

Yes, the yellow ones, they arrived today already! I will use them on the Kingfisher that is on the bench. I used to use kneading gum (used to erase in artist carbon drawings), but that leaves a little residu. Although I could remove it with a wet cotton swab it was a pain. Many thanks for the info! 

6 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Thanks man, really appreciate the info!

Cheers

Alan

4 hours ago, Grunticus said:

Yes, the yellow ones, they arrived today already! I will use them on the Kingfisher that is on the bench. I used to use kneading gum (used to erase in artist carbon drawings), but that leaves a little residu. Although I could remove it with a wet cotton swab it was a pain. Many thanks for the info! 

You re welcome, glad that it s useful.

Happy modelling and a happy new year to all(without covid)