Reid Air Publications, The Modern Phantom Guide 2nd edition is coming

cbk57

Hi All

As you know Jennings has a new decal sheet for Operation Bolo in route for late this year or early next.  Well one of the better reference sources, The Modern Phantom Guide is long out of publication and resellers are asking outrageous prices on Amazon.  I emailed Reid Air and asked for help and they said they had a 2nd Edition hopefully ready this winter.  So with luck we will have the new edition to align on time with the new decal sheet.  I particularly needed a copy because I know nothing about Jets.  I have been almost exclusively a WWII builder.  I have been thinking though for a year or more that I wanted to do a big jet.  Then this decal sheet comes along and for me it is the right time but I needed references because again I know nothing.  I got a cockpit for my F-4C and it had a number of parts in it that I had no idea what they were for or where they were to be installed.  

17 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

That's great news, especially if it has a few NAVY/Marine jets like the F-4J and F-4S, that are absent from the first book.  If it does, I'll be sure to buy the 2nd Edition for sure.

Cheers,

Chuck

I have serious doubts regarding that as this would simply double the size of the existing book! Just have a look at the contents of the Daco book. Personally, I would prefer the new release to fill the gaps in the existing contents. There were multiple subvariants and modifications of USAF short nose Phantoms that were operationally used in SEA and are not even mentioned. Typically, all the items linked to electronic warfare or use of laser guided weapons are not covered. 

• 6 months later...