Return to the hobby and AV-8B Question

Vince G

Thanks for letting me into your world. I was a huge modeler as a kid and have always dabbled in the hobby. I have decided to dive back in due to the increasing number of large scale planes available now. These seem to be a perfect match for my fat fingers and poor vision.

The first kit I am going to tackle is Trumpeter's 1/32 AV-8B Harrier II. I am going to go straight from the box just to get back in the modelling groove. I have done a lot of reading about this kit's shortcomings. Of all the issues the only one I feel I will have problem with is the lack of launch rails for the Sidewinders and Mavericks. I have been unable to find any aftermarket rails and there is nothing on eBay. What are my options?

Thanks and I look forward to being a member at LSP.

Hi Vince, firstly :post1:

Hopefully these will suit your maverick needs, there's probably suitable Sidewinder rails in something like the Academy F-16 kits, hopefully someone with the knowledge will post soon, you could then post a request in the Traders Board, though you'll need to have made five posts before you're allowed.

Happy hunting!

Andy

Welcome Vince, that’s a very positive first post! You’ll love it here, there are some very “nice” people on the forum who are generous in very many ways. It’s a great hobby; these troubling Covid times have highlighted many people who don’t know what to do with the spare time on their hands which in turn can lead to all sorts of problems. Dive in! :clap2:

Edited by mozart