Revell/Fisher Hawker Hunter T7

mozart

Thanks Steve, what a nuisance! :(  The undercarriage I’m using is a very good looking set by a company called HAD, Hungarian based. But there’s not a very clear location position in the Fisher forward wheel well and it was a bit of a challenge to get the HAD one in. It’s going to be even more of a challenge to get it out because it’s held in place with ApoxieSculpt! Oh dear, anybody got a JCB for hire? :blush:

Hi Max!

I really can't tell if the position of the nose gear is wrong, from the angle of your photo.

A very quick survey of photos shows that the top of the door is about one nose leg diameter away from the leg itself (approximately!). Then it seems too far forward on the model and results in the very wrong angle of the door.

So don't tear out anything yet!

Maybe the top of the door is not quite in the correct position and that would also result in the wrong angle....

Lots of variables to compute here!

But it's  just a model, so maybe the simple modification of the connecting rods to increase the angle of the door will be quite acceptable?

Very curious to see what solution you will choose.

Alain

Edited by Alain Gadbois

Yep, I've cut them off once to try to achieve that Alain but they ended up too short to reach the door, so the geometry is wrong somewhere!  I've checked the Revell instructions just to make sure that I have the right parts, since there are similar ones for the main legs, and they are right.  More testing and head scratching......:huh:

52 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Make them a bit longer...

And that is probably the simplest solution.  Scaling the pictures shows a negligible difference in position (I know there are many factors to be considered here) so I've decided it really isn't worth the hassle of trying to cut the gear out from its current position.  The angle of the door is priority so that's going to be fixed first, then the support arms will follow tailored to length.