Hasegawa Focke-Wulf Fw 190F-8

LSP_Kevin

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

The Hasegawa’s are the ones for me. Is the D9 on the same quality level as the F-8?

Yes but take care as the initial Hasegawa D9 released in the nineties was a limited series hybrid kit combining the wings of the very old F8 kit of the seventies with a new fuselage (with recessed scribing) as well as some white metal and photoetched parts. Avoid that one. The 2000s later release was far better (fully new kit) and has a  classical STxx kit number. Have a look at the LSP database and you will see the difference. 

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Yes but take care as the initial Hasegawa D9 released in the nineties was a limited series hybrid kit combining the wings of the very old F8 kit of the seventies with a new fuselage (with recessed scribing) as well as some white metal and photoetched parts. Avoid that one. The 2000s later release was far better (fully new kit) and has a  classical STxx kit number. Have a look at the LSP database and you will see the difference. 

Yep, I built one of those "High Grade" kits way back when, and felt I had been completely robbed by Hasegawa. The later kit is beautiful, and I now have a Revell copy of it,... very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Wow, thanks for the review. I never purchased this kit, thinking it was the older version, with raised panel lines, so I stayed away from it. That's what I get for thinking :mental::P 

You certainly do have to be wary of some, same with the Fw 190D-9. Our database (here), can prove to be of invaluable assistance when trying to determine which is which.