Big Brother? I am starting to wonder

LSP_Ron

6 minutes ago, DonH said:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.  Good luck!!

I remember doing a training course about thirty years ago and some of the other participants worked for the local lottery organisation.  They told me that so many people put 1 2 3 4 5 6 on their tickets that if those numbers ever did come up, they'd be very disappointed in their payout!! :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

On 9/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Even though my PC monitor doesn't have a camera, I still think I'm being watched.

I put tape over the camera on my tablet. Nobody wants to look at my ugly mug anyway but it makes me feel better.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, alaninaustria said:

... I don’t like how society has allowed strangers to think they can point their iphone cameras at others to film or snap pics without ever thinking first to ask... bunch of hedonistic narcissists...  

Legally, the photographer has to get permission to use someone's image. Not that it seems to matter these days.....

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Legally, the photographer has to get permission to use someone's image. Not that it seems to matter these days.....

Only if they photograph and intend to show the face, is my understanding. Other than that, there is no right of privacy issue when one is in public view, which by definition, is not private.

55 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Only if they photograph and intend to show the face, is my understanding. Other than that, there is no right of privacy issue when one is in public view, which by definition, is not private.

That only applies if it is being used strictly for commercial purposes and even then it is a narrow focus such as your image is what they are making money off of.  SCOTUS has ruled time and time again that one can take all of the photos and videos one wants while in public, anywhere the public frequents at large, and in places where security outweigh a right to privacy such as in a prison or jail.  The only hinderance is recording audio in some states.  If someone wants to they can take a pic of you in your house while they are standing in the road and there isn't a thing anyone can do about it except tell you that you should have put up curtains.

25 minutes ago, nichenson said:

That only applies if it is being used strictly for commercial purposes and even then it is a narrow focus such as your image is what they are making money off of.  SCOTUS has ruled time and time again that one can take all of the photos and videos one wants while in public, anywhere the public frequents at large, and in places where security outweigh a right to privacy such as in a prison or jail.  The only hinderance is recording audio in some states.  If someone wants to they can take a pic of you in your house while they are standing in the road and there isn't a thing anyone can do about it except tell you that you should have put up curtains.

Yes, which is pretty much what I said as a response to the legality Damian mentioned; photos that are used with the intent of profit.

3 hours ago, Radub said:

If you are reading this it means you have a device with a screen.

The Matrix has you...

Radu

I have a pinhole camera obscura with what is effectively a very large screen at the back of it...does that still count? ;)

Derek

30 minutes ago, Derek B said:

I have a pinhole camera obscura with what is effectively a very large screen at the back of it...does that still count? ;)

Derek

Sounds like you are in a steampunk alternative reality. I am not familiar with analog internet delivered via speaking tubes / voice pipes. :D

Radu 

42 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I know I'm not living in the Matrix..... my life is WAY too boring to be a simulation. 

That's just your particular reality that best "suites" your brain to thrive and survive in the Matrix to produce more abundant energy.  Its all about tailoring ones perfect reality in order to maximize potential energy harnessing. My version is pretty boring too, but apparently its what I need to survive! 

11 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I know I'm not living in the Matrix..... my life is WAY too boring to be a simulation. 

Chris. 

if your life is boring, you are definitely in the Matrix. As the movie (documentary?) explained there were many other versions of the Matrix, all perfect, which failed. Then they made a Matrix filled with all kinds “opposite of perfect”, which seems to work. According to the movie, harvests have better yields when stress is applied. ^_^

Radu

Talking about the Matrix, has anyone else ever wondered why the machines are so INCREDIBLY dumb? Why keep millions of people alive and regularly fed, when you can build an atomic power-station to provide much more power in much shorter time period. Why keep all the humans alive, if they are your enemy?

The only reason that this system was established is because the film's storyline needed it to exist. Also, the humans-controlled-by-computers-and-stored-in-coma-like-state is a direct rip off a Harry Harrison short-story called "Wake Up To Thunder". Still, Hollywood has never been shy about "borrowing" other peoples' ideas, has it?

Chris.