WJW Design 3D printed holders

Neo

Hello fellow modelers

I have recently discovered a master 3d printer called WJW Design and here is a short review of some of his products. 

William from WJW Design is producing a wide range of 3D printed holders from paints to glues including the notoriously easy to spill Micro Sol and Set.

The first product that personally caught my attention is the modular Micro Sol and Set holder. Because yes you guest it I spilled another one recently.

It starts with a magnetic base, to which there are 2 magnetic modules that are inserted to hold the Sol and set bottles and their respective brushes.
Once clipped in, the setup if very solid and hold the bottle very snugly. The holder is also high enough so that if you pull your brush out and it snag on the bottle there is no way the said bottle will come out and make a mess!

Here is my personal sample of this holder. At the moment of review the retail price is 12.50$usd

Icjjzp3.jpg

From that point on I've been in contact with William and he has kindly built me some custom modules to go and interchange with the base. I've purchased a square Tamiya extra thin/panel line wash and a round AK real colors, Mr.Color and Tamiya acrylic .

Here is my current setup

BHNit1T.jpg

Paired together the Tamiya extra thin and AK

tDUDQUu.jpg

I'm also able to use Tamiya jars, mixed with the Micro-Sol holder (in practice i normally pair micro mask and some thinners in n a Tamiya jar) 

gEH5uAn.jpg

Other cool products are available like this brush holder (I have ordered one and will update with feedback)

MMlzbOI.jpg

Here is a short product and price list.

mHwxCTE.png

In conclusion, WJW Design holders are printed in high quality and precision, the designs are made in a very smart and efficient way im sure you will enjoy them. to add a cheery on top William is a great guy to deal with and printing, shipping cost and speed are very reasonable
I strongly recommend these. 

I have some new additions in the mail that I cannot wait to try, one of witch is an Alclad II holder module.

If you would like more information and even better get your hands-on dome of these great products 

Look for William Wolfe from WJW Design on Facebook.

Cheers

Neo

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

I just bought the micro sol and microset holder and I love it!

Tim 

Hi Tim

Thanks for letting me know. Glad this review was usefull

Note: Im not affiliated with WJW just wanted to share a great product.

Hi guys a little follow up

Ive been using the brush holder for a couple of weeks now. The quality is good but for me i find it not that practical.

So far on this one i put my sanding sticks, stir stick and #11. All on the to part and that works great. The holes on the side for sliding in brushes doesn't do it for me 

I keepmy brushes in a ustensil rectangle bin and it woks. 

Cheers