Malvinas Pucará FINISHED

blackbetty

i skinned the cockpit tub with sheet on the sidewalls. first it hides the printed structure that would be very hard to get rid of on the inside. second,  i will be able to use normal plastic glue for the detail work, which i prefer over superglue because you can reposition the parts for a longer period of time.

32.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

he plans arrived at last and i started to investigate what kind of modifications to the basid 3D structure i wanted to do

first i modified the gunports on the sides with inserted drinking straw sections

33.jpgt

Edited by blackbetty

the lower 20mm gunports are not depicted on the model, so i drilled recesses and also inserted a sturdier inner pice of styrene pipe and a drinking straw outer part to get the diameter right

i used uhu twopack glue, but bought the wrong one (5minute). i am also experimenting with putty, i think i will use the fine grade carputty

the material is not easy to work with, since the fuselage is hollow you have to be very carefull with cuts

34.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

On 9/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, Tobias said:

Hi. I m the guy who printed your model. I m glad to hear that you are happy with the parts and that everything turned up as expected.....

Would you make another / take orders Tobias ?

On 9/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Karl! I really wish they would come out with a Pucará in 32nd some day........Pipe dream probably, but I'd even take one in resin.

Such a cool looking airframe!

Hi. I just buy a pucara 1/32 3d printed. Here in Argentina. If you want... send to me  your email address, and i tell you a whatsapp telephone number to comunicate.

Saludos!!