Malvinas Pucará FINISHED

blackbetty

46 minutes ago, blackbetty said:

i have no idea... its white:DodgeBall:

If it´s difficut to sand it´s most likely PLA. It´s not ideal for modelling, just because of that: it´s difficult to sand and easy to melt. Be careful, it may be that if you sand too hard or with a electric tool the surface may melt and warp.

A possible plan B is to fill instead of sand (with a coarse primer, diluted putty or car industry putty) although then you may loose detail. But personally I think that this is the best approach in this case.

2 hours ago, Marques said:

If it´s difficut to sand it´s most likely PLA. It´s not ideal for modelling, just because of that: it´s difficult to sand and easy to melt. Be careful, it may be that if you sand too hard or with a electric tool the surface may melt and warp.

A possible plan B is to fill instead of sand (with a coarse primer, diluted putty or car industry putty) although then you may loose detail. But personally I think that this is the best approach in this case.

so it seems to be PLA (whatever that is)

as you said, i will use carputty/primer out of the spraycan to make sanding easier

i started to modify the front fuselage for the cockpit floors. front and back seats are staggered in height. the inside of the 3D part is hollow with just some thin strings of material present, so after cutting through the surface it pretty easy to make room. i used a mini cutoff wheel and stanley knife for this.

23.jpg

i did some experimenting with spray on filler and it seems to work quite nicely, ll show that later

if you think of this project, you will need this book:

24.jpg

the mmp books are excellent, but older publications are hard to find (expensive - good luck finding that one for a decent price), but its a must. lots of pics, drawings and a colour guide

i also ordered the still availible mmp plans for this aircraft, its 48th scale, but i will blow these up. worked with willie, so it will do here

Edited by blackbetty

Hi karl. I just found this post... awesome! you have a tremendous work for this model. I tell you.. in argentina we have create an model of pucara in 1/48 with resins and photoetched, recesed panels, cristal cockpit, etc. Its will be great. Visit the web page of model house:

www.dukelhobbies.com.ar

Stay alert! 

Saludos!

Daniel