Malvinas Pucará FINISHED

blackbetty

7 hours ago, DaxJael said:

Hi karl. I just found this post... awesome! you have a tremendous work for this model. I tell you.. in argentina we have create an model of pucara in 1/48 with resins and photoetched, recesed panels, cristal cockpit, etc. Its will be great. Visit the web page of model house:

www.dukelhobbies.com.ar

Stay alert! 

Saludos!

Daniel

nice shop, Daniel

could you point me to some argentinian sites with pics, preferably the cockpit and wheelwells. my spanish is close to non existent (my latin helps, though), but pics say more than a thousand words.....

Hi. I m the guy who printed your model. I m glad to hear that you are happy with the parts and that everything turned up as expected. In terms of sanding it is easier (as you propably have allready noticed) to spray the model with primer first and then more or less just sand down the primer. For a perfectly smooth result you might have to repeat this process.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Tirol

On 9/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, Marques said:

If it´s difficut to sand it´s most likely PLA. It´s not ideal for modelling, just because of that: it´s difficult to sand and easy to melt. Be careful, it may be that if you sand too hard or with a electric tool the surface may melt and warp.

A possible plan B is to fill instead of sand (with a coarse primer, diluted putty or car industry putty) although then you may loose detail. But personally I think that this is the best approach in this case.

Yes it was printed with pla. I have experimented with abs also but i had to find out that the abs really likes to warp even after printing

i am still  waiting on the mmp plans, so i made a plan of attack:

first i wil check the plans for surface detail to add. the lower 20mm gunports are missing on the print, also there are vents and ducts to locate/drill/fabricate

second, i will take care of the surface finish and assemble the main parts

inbetween i can scratch detail as i go

i did some work on the pitfloors

27.jpg

Edited by blackbetty