Malvinas Pucará FINISHED

blackbetty

Browsing the net for pics of Argentinian wartime Mirages, i stumbled upon pics of a 3D printed Pucará, the groundattack plane used in the Falkland/Malvinas conflict in 1982.

It was 1/64 scale.....wait a minute, maybe i could get it double the size? I mailed the attached email and a guy named Luis answered. he is from Venezuela.

We sent a few mails and he said he would be willing to modify the 3D files for me and have it printed by a friend (that luckily lives in Europe, better yet in Austria!) for the moderate sum of 110€ including shipping.

i jumped at the opportunity, since i like building planes that are not likely being kitted anytime soon.

i had him make the canopy a seperate part, 2% smaller so i can vacform a clear part, as well as hollowing out the fuselage to be able to have a scratchbuilt pit and gearwells.

that was in the end of July - and yesterday i recieved it. didnt know what to expect, because resolutions can be very different. when i saw the main parts, i was really impressed. i will have to sand, but most parts are pretty good from the beginning.

this is what i got:

01.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

Oooh, crikey...

I'd love one of these!  :frantic:

<must be sensible>

<must be sensible>

<must be sensible>

<must be sensible>

<must be sensible>

<must be sensible>

Look forward to seeing this come together - great subject!

What's the material - ABS?

Iain