Trumpeter 1/16 Panther

Ryan

23 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Es interesante que el arte de la caja muestre la barbilla en el mantelete, pero el kit en sí no. ¿Hay dos manteletes en la caja?

Yes, in the early model reference 0928 it comes with the two mantelets. And I would like to emphasize that in addition to the fact that the barrel may be loose in the photo, it may be the metal barrel. Be careful with that, the metal cannon is very heavy and beats even the entire turret forward.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Bingo! There's another that's actually worse still, sort of an eye level shot toward the nose.

I think this is the one you're talking about.  I posted a reply to your comment (with the same photo) a little while ago but for the life of me, I don't know what happened to it...it's gone.

42P0M9j.jpg

On 10/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, Juggernut said:

lKjiJPu.jpg

I would NOT want to be on the crew that went out to replace all of those!!! We had  a M88 that this guy was driving around like a dang fool in when we were on a firing excercise in the field about 15 years ago and he broke two torsion bars. That .....was not a fun job. When I even see a photo of a model like that it makes me think of that all nighter getting that job done. 

Edited by mustang1989

On 10/10/2020 at 7:34 AM, mustang1989 said:

I would NOT want to be on the crew that went out to replace all of those!!! We had  a M88 that this guy was driving around like a dang fool in when we were on a firing excercise in the field about 15 years ago and he broke two torsion bars. That .....was not a fun job. When I even see a photo of a model like that it makes me think of that all nighter getting that job done. 

I often thinking about stories like the one you are telling, and then try to imagine poor German mechanics trying to do those jobs with 1930s technology in the freezing cold of a Russian winter and it gives me chills, literally and figuratively.

Add in horse drawn logistics, and diversification of spares due to so many competing designs being in service, and the entire things scares the hell out of me.  

I can't fathom the repair difficulties sustained by the Wehrmacht on the Ostfront in WWII.

• 1 year later...

Almost 2 years how about an update. :) 

The project sat for a while but I am finishing up the suspension currently. I did manage to install one side of the torsion bars forgetting to thread (2) of them through the shock absorber collars...so out came the razor saw for the fix. The joint wont be stressed as the suspension will be fixed.

I punched a styrene disk to fill the kerf the razor saw made.

52322791186_e9e5cdb063_b.jpg

52321985407_656c2936db_b.jpg

52323228205_c65ce136cd_b.jpg