Trumpeter 1/16 Panther

Ryan

Ryan,

Just a heads-up, the fit of many parts is tight especially with paint. For the torsion bars to remain workable I recommend slightly enlarging the holes they go through, in the hull and that central frame. Hope this helps, and great idea adding that traverse box for alignment!

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Hi Ryan, my name is Jose and as you know I am building the same tank as you but in an early version. About your Panther I like what I'm seeing at the moment, it seems to me a very clean construction. On what Uncarina says about enlarging the axle holes to rotate, I have a question. If the holes are enlarged, will the shafts not rotate upwards due to the weight of the tank and it will be sunk on itself? It should be remembered that the model's torsion bars are made of plastic and when twisting them by turning they do not return to their original position since it is plastic and not steel, which when twisting it tends to return to its original position, which is the twisting of a steel shaft. Don't you think it can be like that? Greetings and encouragement with the montage that I follow with interest.

Hello Jose.

What a disaster of a build that is, I think the builder has inserted the road wheel arms upside down. Your logic is sound and the suspension will likely sag over time. (but nowhere as much as the lowrider in that pic)

I'll probably glue in place after playing with it for a few mins. :)

Thanks you for checking in and I will search out your work.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Hello Jose.

What a disaster of a build that is, I think the builder has inserted the road wheel arms upside down. Your logic is sound and the suspension will likely sag over time. (but nowhere as much as the lowrider in that pic)

I'll probably glue in place after playing with it for a few mins. :)

Thanks you for checking in and I will search out your work.

Ryan

That's a solid idea. On my Jagdtiger, I foresaw the exact same possibility, so intend to epoxy the torsion arms in place, once I have the 'sit" adjusted to my liking.

114 parts in, just 1900 to go. The fit is generally very good but wrestling those torsion bars into place was a challenge. There is a little play in the knuckles that allow the road wheel shafts to pass through so watch out for that. For the life of me I cant see a way to paint any of this prior to assembly...just too many scraping or other type of scuffing dangers. The transmission case is as large as a 1/35 Jeep!

50391515933_5b55bcee48_b.jpg

50391515938_7d62024e65_b.jpg

50392209016_f0434b3b9c_b.jpg

50392380232_0c50db43ee_b.jpg

50393619791_6f6fb7ee66_b.jpg