Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190 D-9, JV 44

Pastor John

And so my Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190 D-9 is finished representing Red 1 of JV 44's protection flight and flown by the the Staffel Kapitan Lt. Heinz "Heino" Sachsenberg (104 victories). The models was finished in Mr Paint RLM colours which were a joy to use and the decals were by EagleCals.
This model was supposed to be a straight from the box quick build a year ago - but instead became a money magnet!
After market sets used were the following
Quickboost props
Quickboost Super-charger intake
Quickboost exhausts
Aires cockpit
Aires main gear bay
Barracuda wheels
Eduard canopy mask
Eduard Spiral mask
Eduard landing flaps
Master MG 131 and MG 151 gun barrels - and also pitot tube
HGW seat belts and control surfaces
EagleCals decals as mentioned above.
Added to this list during construction were two of my own AIMS products - 32PE014 Fw 190 Hatches and Latches and 32D024 Fw 190 Oleo Leg markings (I just could not resist getting AIMS into the build somehow
Three other after market products were bought and had to go in the bin but apart from those headaches I really enjoyed building this exotic bird of prey. The model finish was rather simple thankfully as Tamiya 2mm wide flexible tape seemed to fit the scale perfectly. And so with the Mr Paint White Primer masked off the RLM 23 was applied. Once this was masked off the RLM 76 and late war greens were applied free-hand using the many photos of Red 1 as best as possible. Hope you like the finish photos. Please note only the first two photos show the red lowered and locked landing gear indicators as I forgot all about them till after checking the photos. Best wishes and stay safe, John

IMGP6382.jpgIMGP6381.jpgIMGP6378.jpgIMGP6377.jpg