Hasegawa TA-4J - SOD

Dragon

I'm jumping into this GB with the Hasegawa TA-4J. 

5edQ0rw.jpg

I'll either do the VT-24 markings (minus the special scheme) on the Zotz sheet or an adversary scheme. I have time before I need to decide. Typical for my builds, the only AM I'll be doing are decals and resin seats. 

Thanks for looking in.

Mike

• 1 month later...

After a long delay, I've finally started this build. I've recently gotten into 1/20 F1 race cars kits, and my focus has been building these of late. Before I started the next F1 kit, I figured I better get this build going. I've decided to keep the resin seats for a couple A-4 adversary builds I'm planning, so I just used the simplistic kit seats.

Jyuaz6r.jpg

FGLmWTQ.jpg

Although you can't see it in these pics, the seats and tubs have been dirtied up with Florey grimey weathering wash.

Next up will be getting the intakes and speed brakes installed. Overall, the kit appears to be a quick build; although, I don't expect it to be without some fit issues.

Also, I've decided to go with the VT-24 markings. Something bright in the display case will look good!

Thanks for looking in.  

Mike

Made a little progress on the build. First, I got the intakes on, but I realized after the fact I forgot to paint the interiors of them. :BANGHEAD2:. I'll see if I can paint the interiors satisfactory, and if not, FOD covers will be the backup plan. The speed brakes went in next, and they fit better than I was expecting. Although there are gaps at the brake's hinge points that I'll fill with pieces of styrene, the remainder of the brakes only needed minimal filler. The two cockpits were glued in and the fuselage was closed up. I need to clean up some seam lines, and these have been given a coat of Mr Surfacer.

typdC9b.jpg?1

TapTBxq.jpg?1

D9PlTdH.jpg

After looking at the pics, the seats look quite monotone, so I attempted to bring out a few highlights by drybrushing. Although, it's difficult to make out in the pic. I haven't added the ejection handles yet as I know I would knock/bust them off. I'll get them added just before I install the canopy. I'll put a piece of blue tape on top of the seats to remind me. 

Thanks for looking in on the build.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Progress has been made on the build, albeit slower than I hoped. I spent the last couple of nights masking the canopy, and now it's ready for the paint shop.

5FvB6K0.jpg

KvcZDl4.jpg

Now for a whole lot of white paint! I'll be laying down a good coat of Tamiya white primer then covering it with MRP US Navy White. 

Thanks for checking in on my build.

Mike

• Dragon changed the title to Hasegawa TA-4J - SOD

This build has gone to the SOD as a result of an issue at the paint shop. I decided to try a new paint based on its rave reviews for this build, but it didn't workout on this build. The color was way off. Attempts to remedy the issue just led to more issues and compounded my frustrations. I should have tested before applying to the build. Lesson learned. I'm not motivated to strip the paint, so off to the SOD it goes for now.  

Edited by Dragon